Extra Elite 100 College Player Rankings 2022 - EIS

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Extra Elite 100 College Player Rankings 2022 - EIS

Post by OUBeliever56A »

EIS – Top 100 D1 College Players for 2022.
The Extra Elite 100 College Player Rankings were led by Extra Inning Softball National College Softball Editor Justin McLeod.

First, kudos to the EIS staff and Justin McLeod in compiling the list. The work required to develop the list is a huge task. I may dispute a few of the ratings, but the list overall is reflective of a very good effort IMO.

Note to all – Freshman were not included in the Top 100 selections.
= = = =

First, let’s look at the Sooners ranked and the Big 12 players as well,

For Oklahoma, they were very well represented as they had more players in the Top 100 players than any other team. OU had 7 players included. Here is the list of Sooners:
– Jocelyn Alo – UT/DP - Key stat: 88 career home runs (seven from tying the all-time record)
– Tiare Jennings – INF 2B - Key stat: 25 doubles and 27 home runs in 2021
– Kinzie Hansen – C/1B - Key stat: 24 home runs in 2021
– Jayda Coleman - OF - Key stat: 70 runs scored in 2021
(Key stats were included for the top 25 players.)
– Grace Lyons – INF SS
– Mackenzie Donihoo – OF
– Hope Trautwein – RHP

That is a very good representation for the Sooners. IMO, I think Kinzie Hansen should have been higher than #14. She is easily worthy of a Top 10 selection. I think I could make a good case that Grace Lyons should be higher as well. It is also good to know that players like Rylie Boone and Nicole May, who will be important players for the Sooners in 2022 are also on our team and could be players that could reach the Top 100 by season’s end.
= = =

As for other Big 12 teams, OSU, Texas and Iowa State had players in the Top 100 players. OSU and Texas were the only teams that had 4 players included in the Top 100.

Only Oklahoma and UCLA had more than 4 players. UCLA had 5 players.

For Oklahoma State, these were the players included in the list.
– Kelly Maxwell – LHP, – Haley Busby – DP/UT, – Miranda Elish – RHP/1B and – Kiley Naomi – INF SS.
Maxwell is getting a lot of pre-season buzz and was invited to the Team USA trial. Her rating was higher than I expected. On the other hand, Elish, despite being away from the game for a year, is surprisingly raked #42. I was surprised that she was that low. Busby and Naomi are very deserving of their rankings.

For Texas, these were the players included in the list.
– Janae Jefferson, - INF 2B, – Shealyn O’Leary – RHP, – Haley Dolcini – RHP, - Mary Iakopo – C
Jefferson seems to get much more publicity than I think she deserves. (There is no way she is better than Hansen.) If Dolcini is no better than O’Leary as a pitcher, I see that as a good sign for the Sooners and the rest of the Big 12. I think most people are surprised at Dolcini’s ranking. Iakopo is a good catcher and hitter and deserving.

For Iowa State, there was one player to make the list.
– Mikayla Ramos – C
Ramos is a good player for the Cyclones. I think she hit a HR or maybe two in the OU series last year. No, it was just one HR off Juarez. I checked myself.
= = =

As teams, the top four teams were the Sooners (7), UCLA (5) and OSU/Texas (4). Ten teams had 3 players included, and ten teams had 2 players. 31 teams had one player included.
A total of 42 pitchers were included in the list. Yeah, it is still called Fastpitch softball, not hitters baseball. I think that hurts some really good players as they are overlooked.

Here is how I ranked the Top 12 teams per the rankings. I use the inverse of their ranking number. #1 was worth 100 points. #50 was worth 51 points, #100 was worth 1 point.
#1 – Oklahoma with 7 players (1 Pitcher) – 506 points with an average ranking of 28.7.
#2 – UCLA with 5 players (1 Pitcher) – 335 points with an average ranking of 34.0.
==== OU’s Top 5 players would have 443 points with an average ranking of 12.4.
#3 – Oklahoma State with 4 players (2 Pitchers) – 243 points with an average ranking of 40.2.
#4 – Texas with 4 players (2 Pitchers) – 192 points with an average ranking of 53.0.
==== OU’s Top 4 players would have 368 points with an average ranking of 9.0.
#5 – Michigan with 3 players (2 Pitchers) – 230 points with an average ranking of 24.3.
#6 – Washington with 3 players (1 Pitcher) – 223 points with an average ranking of 26.7.
#7 – Florida with 3 players (1 Pitcher) – 208 points with an average ranking of 31.7.
#8 – Tennessee with 3 players (1 Pitcher) – 196 points with an average of 35.7.
#9 – Arkansas with 3 players (1 Pitcher) – 195 points with an average of 36.0.
#10 – LSU with 3 players (2 Pitchers) – 162 points with an average of 47.0.
#11 – Florida State with 3 players (2 Pitchers) – 149 points with an average ranking of 53.3.
#12 – VA Tech with 3 players (1 Pitcher) – 147 points with an average ranking of 52.0.
==== OU’s Top 3 players would have 283 points with an average ranking of 6.7.

EIS said that they would release their next 50 players (total of 150) this week also. They will also rank the players by position.
====

Here are the remaining Top 25 Players:
Montana Fouts – RHP - Alabama, Kayla Kowalik – C – Kentucky, Gabby Plain – RHP – Washington, Valarie Cagle – RHP/OF – Clemson, Charla Echols – 3B – Florida, Keely Rochard – LHP – VA Tech, Alex Storako – RHP – Michigan, Megan Faraimo – RHP – UCLA, Mary Haff – RHP – Arkansas, Maya Brady – UT – UCLA, Baylee Klingler – INF – Washington, Ashley Rogers – RHP – Tennessee, Taylor Pleasants – INF – LSU, Aaliyah Jordan – OF – UCLA, Brooke Yanez – LHP – Oregon, Paige Rauch – RHP/UT – Villanova, Danielle Gibson – 1B – Arkansas, Haley Lee – C – Texas A&M, Sydney Sherrill – INF – Florida State, Georgina Corrick – RHP – South Florida

Edit: I have removed all proprietary information from this post.