Alo, Hanson, Jennings and J Coleman invited to Team USA Tryouts!

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Bottom post of the previous page:

So I haven’t been about to find any info about the tryouts other than this thread

::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I did see a post on Team USA Softball yesterday that appeared to show Hansen arriving a home plate after a HR and getting congrats from 3 players (guessing it was a 3-run HR). But I couldn't verify the fact at all.

I also could not find much else. I hope Coleman has been able to participate some.

The real thought about the 'tryouts' is that the players probably do not make the team by their performance this week. There are maybe 25 players that are seriously being considered for the team this summer. The other players of the 40-or-so that are there are their for future consideration or respectful looks due to previous play on the team or in their career. For the 25 that are there to be selected, they should have been divided into positions and they are competing for those positions with 2 or 3 other players. The team roster of 15 players makes it tough for players that only play one and maybe two positions.

With the talent that is at the camp, the players selected need to be strong two way players, no all defense-no offense players or the vice-versa players should make the team.

Hansen, Jennings and Coleman are definitely the type of player needed. Alo has to play enough defense in the OF or somewhere to take a defensive role. OR she has to hit the cover of the ball every at bat. For Alo, it is about the coaches seeing her upside, instead of what they might not see. Careers matter, especially for players still playing from Feb to June.
raven15

Post by raven15 »

Looks like only Hansen made it.