Ronnie O'Sullivan, a Snooker Legend!

Discussions on any and all non-OU sports. Non-OU sports includes MLB, the NFL, the Olympics, Premier League Soccer, etc.
BudaSooner

Ronnie O'Sullivan, a Snooker Legend!

Post by BudaSooner »

Way, way back in the day, I used to hang out at the Puritan Billiard Parlor in Ark City, my hometown, and in the late 50s, (or at least in THIS pool hall) there was ONE pool table and 6 snooker tables. Also about 3 or 4 tables where players played dominoes or pitch (with pitch-rocks instead of cards). But snooker was THE game, and I played a lot of snooker and some pool.
I say all this to frame the following video: I was never a great pool or snooker player, but I loved playing pocket billiards, (I played billiards, too, but was terrible at that game).
I might've been slightly better than average at snooker, maybe... My best run in Snooker, though, was somewhere around 35-40 points, which is not an easy task, if you've never played the game.
I may be preaching to the choir, (probably most of you have played the game), but for those who have never played the game, a snooker table is typically maybe 20% larger than a pool table, the pockets are smaller, and easier to miss, IMO - - it's just a more difficult game!

Anyway, enough preface. Watch Ronnie O'Sullivan, a professional snooker player across the Pond, demonstrate an almost robotic game, the game of Snooker's "Perfect Game" in a record-setting 5 minutes and 20 seconds.

BTW, you'll notice that O'Sullivan doesn't make any really difficult shots, it is his consistency in hitting the center of the pocket and the incredible ability to play "shape" (the control of the cue ball that sets up nearly straight-in or easy shots).
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner