Bedlam Game #2

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
123gone

Post by 123gone »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Can someone tell me why Sanders is still starting?
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

123gone wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:27 pm Can someone tell me why Sanders is still starting?
I'll try: She is probably our best 1st baseman, excellent fielder, great at stretching and digging the throws out of the dirt. Oh, and while her batting average, like some other of her teammates, has slumped of late, she is always a threat to go yard with a pitch.

JMODMIR
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

BudaSooner wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:52 am
123gone wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:27 pm Can someone tell me why Sanders is still starting?
I'll try: She is probably our best 1st baseman, excellent fielder, great at stretching and digging the throws out of the dirt. Oh, and while her batting average, like some other of her teammates, has slumped of late, she is always a threat to go yard with a pitch.

JMODMIR
The only bat we have to replace Sanders with is Hodge(starting her at 2nd and putting Torres at 1st). Don't know if that would be a good enough hitting upgrade. Sanders still walks and you hope her streakiness will go hot at some point.
viacool

Post by viacool »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:50 pm
BudaSooner wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:45 pm
BixSooner wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm The Sooners have run up against a better team. Period.
Yep. The Pokes have played better ball the last two games. Hurts to say it.
We are seeing the chickens come home to roost I believe. All the games we won over the past few years by hitting that clutch HR, etc are all coming due against texas and osu. We are still a top 5-10 team, but we are definitely not playing as well as osu or texas right now.
During yesterday's broadcast, one of the announcers mentioned that it has been 31 years since OSU won a series against OU. It seems that OSU has been keeping track of those receipts for years and has now decided it's time to reverse the charges.