Just wondering how they would handle rainouts

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SwampSooner

Just wondering how they would handle rainouts

Post by SwampSooner »

Being the last regular weekend series, I was wondering how they would determine the regular season winner.

We all know that OU has a 1 game lead over UT and a 2 game lead over OSU. The weekend series are OU/OSU and UT/@ TT. Sooners win one game and OSU is eliminated, so I will assume we win a game and eliminate OSU from this conversation and focus on OU and UT.

For the Sooners to win the regular season, we need end with a sweep of OSU or OU has at least the same or better weekend record than UT. If UT has a better weekend, they own the tie breaker and would have the top seed in the conference tournament.

There is a potential of bad weather in Lubbock. So "what if" UT wins the 1st 2 games of their series and has the Sunday game rained out and say OU goes 2-1. OU would be 23-4 and UT would be 22-4. Would they use percentage wins (OU 0.852 and UT 0.846)? Or would they award it to UT for having the tie breaker? Would they wait and see if they could get the last UT game in on Monday or Tuesday?
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

If we were 23 - 4 and UT was 22- 4 it wouldn't be a tie, would it?
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

It is win %. In fact, the conference standings are based on win% not games won.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

With the Big 12 Tourney beginning on Wednesday for Tech in all likelihood, I think they will do everything they need to do to get all three games played by both teams (OU and Texas). Those two plus OSU will not play until Thursday.

I think a Monday DH would even be in order if needed.