Five Sooners named in Top 26 finalist for USA Softball POY

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Five Sooners named in Top 26 finalist for USA Softball POY

Post by OUBeliever56A »

"oufanforever' posted this on another site. I thought I would post it here. I hope he/she does not mind I copied his post.

The final 26 has just been announced at https://www.usasoftball.com/college-cor ... -the-year/ and there are five sooners on the list:

Congratulations to Alyssa Brito, Jayda Coleman, Kinzie Hansen, Tiare Jennings, and Kelly Maxwell. Some of the other notable names include Karli Spaid, NiJaree Canady, Reese Atwood, Jocelyn Erickson, Lexi Kilfoyl, Maya Brady, and Karlyn Pickens.

Congratulations to the five Sooners that are on the Top 26 list. Brito, Coleman, Hansen, Jennings and Maxwell. All of them are having a strong season and worthy of consideration.

Boomer Sooner!
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

I don't know why Rylie Boone wasn't also named.

I guess Jocelyn Erickson learned how to hit pitches on the outside corner, somehow?!
SoonerSeth

Post by SoonerSeth »

For those of you that keep better tabs on how other teams/players are doing around the country, do you expect some Sooners in the Top 10? Top 3? Winning it?
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Canady is still the favorite to me. Spaid could win it if she breaks the single season HR record. 3rd is hard to say but I don't believe an OU player can win it unless she goes on a hot streak starting this weekend.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

With 5 Sooners named finalists, they may wind up dividing the votes so none of them get the needed number to win.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

oufanforever wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 pm Canady is still the favorite to me. Spaid could win it if she breaks the single season HR record. 3rd is hard to say but I don't believe an OU player can win it unless she goes on a hot streak starting this weekend.
Yeah, unless she has a complete meltdown, I think it's probably Canady's to lose.
aka Crimson47