Recent Transfer News

StatesEye

Recent Transfer News

Post by StatesEye »

I'm aware that many of you are already aware of the following due to X (Twitter). For those that don't have a X account.....

In addition to the much needed help and HUGE get with the transfer center from SMU (Branson Hickman), OU landed a highly experienced and productive DT from Louisville (Jermayne Lole, 6-2, 270). He is the #542 overall player and #54 DL prospect in the transfer portal. His equivalent talent level compared to HS recruiting would probably be around the #670 overall national player. Coming out of high school, he was the #842 overall national recruit in 2018. He was on an impressively upward trajectory during his college career (at ASU then Louisville) before season-ending injuries over the last two years. He was a preseason All-Pac-12 selection prior to the 2021 season.

Lole will be an important addition to the middle of OU's defensive line this coming season. Below is a listing of OU IDL talent to be in the rotation next year.
David Stone, Fr, #9 overall recruit and #1 DL
Jayden Jackson, Fr, #290 overall recruit and it's quite clear he should've been much, much higher than this
Ashton Saunders, R-Fr, #560 overall recruit
Marcus Strong, R-Fr, #1100 overall recruit
Gracen Halton, Jr, #259 overall recruit
Da'Jon Terry, Red 5th, transfer from Tennessee by way of Kansas, was not highly recruited but is obviously an NFL-caliber DT now
Davon Sears, Red 5th, transfer from Texas State, showed promise in Spring Game that his recruitment will pay off
Jermayne Lole, Red 5th

There was very disappointing news, though. OU was in on a highly coveted DT's out of the transfer portal: Damonic Williams, 6-1, 317, #71 overall transfer prospect. He was on campus during the Spring Game and stayed until late Sunday evening. All reports is that he was very impressed and high on OU. Furthermore, reports are that the NIL offer was spot on. He was LSU yesterday morning, where initial reports were that he was a 100% commit to LSU. Today, the crystal ball has turned to 42% Colorado and 37% LSU. He is still in play, but looks to be playing the bid-up game for NIL $$$. I'm not sure how OU will respond to this. As far as I can tell, OU offers market rates based on talent and expected production, and so the deciding factor comes down to how much you want to be part of OU's program. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Damonic Williams.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Good post States.Im kinda dissapointed myself in Williams,I had high hopes he would commit.Lole was an important addition as was Hickman,Stone and Jackson looked promising in the Spring Game also along with Halton. :ou:
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

WishBone wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 pm Good post States.Im kinda dissapointed myself in Williams,I had high hopes he would commit.Lole was an important addition as was Hickman,Stone and Jackson looked promising in the Spring Game also along with Halton. :ou:
It's very fluid with this guy, right now. Over the last couple of hours there have been reports that it is now between OU and Texas for Williams. Who knows??
captnop

Post by captnop »

On the Radio they say Dominic was very High on OU.. HOWEVER he has PEOPLE in his camp that are out for $$$$$ so it's a bidding war between LSU and CU .... Sad
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

At least Williams didn't commit than run! But it sure sounds like he can't say "no" to anybody. I often wonder if it has anything to do with his last name.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Anyone heard the numbers being thrown his way? Is it defensive-coordinator type of money?
#Mentally In Portal
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

AllSooner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 pm At least Williams didn't commit than run! But it sure sounds like he can't say "no" to anybody. I often wonder if it has anything to do with his last name.
I guess “commit then run”?

On one hand we want players like Williams……

On the other hand CFB is now a professional league and players want more money and programs dont want to overpay and screw up their program.

Coaches are more important than ever…. :BV: :BV: :BV:

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

Some worthwhile nuggets in this segment of OU Insider.
OU is apparently still in the game on Williams along with Texas, Oregon, Missouri and probably a whole lot of others.
Coaching staff believe landing Williams puts OU interior DL on par with 2020 Clemson!!!
OU offered Williams QB type money.
The first 30 minutes is pretty interesting.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?