Will Caleb Williams be a "Bust"?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think most of problems with CW lie within the"Attiutude,Maturity,and the Parental Factor" part of Life,He has never been allowed to or had to Grow Up.!! Hope he goes to Chicago.Kinda have the same sentiment as Chinaman.
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Pebblebeachguy

Post by Pebblebeachguy »

Reminds me of Vince Young but not as intelligent and mature.
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

Pebblebeachguy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:55 pm Reminds me of Vince Young but not as intelligent and mature.
Now I don't care who you are. That's funny.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Dang wishbone ( when you start thinking like the Chinaman) there is concern warranted. Not good 🙄!

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

Fly wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:11 pm Dang wishbone ( when you start thinking like the Chinaman) there is concern warranted. Not good 🙄!

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:

...Love you too, Horsefly! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Who does this Cat think he is?
:rice:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

I hope the bears don't draft him. I spent a number of years in Chicago and was a Bear fan in my youth.
I hope another team is cursed with this drama queen.

History in the NFL will not be kind to this kid
::rice2:: :dude:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

All the talking heads say it is certain Cw goes to the Bears…..
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

This is Gonna be A Circus .................................
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Sounds like Caleb Williams “camp” still thinks he is in CFB…..So Caleb Williams “camp” is now in charge of the Bears…. :D

A cynic would say Calebs “camp” is laying out the excuse for losses before he is even drafted….
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

WishBone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:08 am

This is Gonna be A Circus .................................
The only way CW will ever chase Tom Brady is in a car.
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

MNSooner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.
Ouch , SGDH is very harsh. CW was good for OU in that RRR when he came in for Rattler, because Texasss knew the grade school signals STInkin linkin was sending in and clobbered Rattler every play. CW countered that by improvising almost every play for a comeback. It was a great comeback and why CW will always be a Sooner…. IMO that comeback win in the RRR is the biggest win CW has ever had anywhere…

CW gets some collateral besmirching due to his proximity to TBOW. It is what it is….TBOW did the Sooners dirty…

AS far as the NFL time will tell. At present it does not seem likely CW can be another TB. TB was the tall intellectual QB that controlled the offense and the team demanding a high level of performance from all around him. TB was mentally strong and a forceful personality. I have not seen that from CW, it might happen (although not likely to grow 4 inches taller), but would be a change.

I have seen CW as a gifted runner and passer along the lines of Michael Vick, or Russel Wilson or a shorter Lamar Jackson. Of those 3 RW won a SB.

CW is going to a good team. The Bears are not representative of teams that usually have the first pick in the draft as far as talent and overall franchise strength. The Bears got the first pick from a prior trade. Bears have talent. CW will have the opportunity that most first draft picks wish they could have, which is going to a team with talent….

The hype level for CW is huge , so fulfilling expectations probably equates to getting 1 or 2 playoff wins in the first year. Long term CW says he wants to be another TB, so good luck to CW, he has the opportunity…. :eyes:
Last edited by Zgeo on Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

MNSooner wrote: ↑Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm
Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.

No Sour Grapes Here MN ? Everything posted by myself and others come from National Media outlets.And you are correct Painting youre finger nails with vulgarities,demanding part ownership in a team when drafted,Refusing to shake winning opponents hand after gettin his arse handed to him on national TV,Avoiding workouts at NFL combine,and Running to the stans to cry in Mommas arms after losing is all perfectly normal to a "Blind Man" :confusedplus:

Last but not least there are Ladies on the board also,you might wanna re-read the do's and Dont's ........................in reference to your assinine comment
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

MNSooner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.
...A post like yours should always have the addendum IMO, (In My Opinion). Because opinions vary MNS!
I respect your opinion, & respect your right to express it...but (I for one) sure as hell don't share it!

Superman WAS a GREAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER! No disputing that.
The question (the subject of the OP) is whether his skill set will translate to success in the Sunday Game.

You clearly believe it will.
Personally, I have my doubts and so do a lot of others. Some with bona fide NFL credentials.

Why don't we establish a baseline comparison with the first 5 years of former SOONER QB Kyler Murray's pro career.
I think 5 years is a fair standard to judge the success or failure of a players pro career.
And Murray was a Heisman winner and has a lot of the same skills. IMO, Murray HAS been a successful NFL QB, but hasn't enjoyed the winning he did in HS and college.
So, here are Murray's total numbers after 5 years
W-L 28-36 COMP % 66.6 PASSING YDS 15647 PASS TDS 94 INT 46 RUSHING YDS 2448 RUSH AVG 5.8 RUSH LONGEST 57 RUSH TD'S 26 SACKED 149 SACK YDS 1082 FUMBLES 42 LOST 8 QB RATING 92.2

If CW can equal or surpass Murray's numbers in his first 5 years, then I WAS WRONG!
If he doesn't then...YOU'RE WRONG!

No sour grapes here...just an objective ""show me" attitude.

(Your "d*ck head comment...takes one to know one, juvenile.) :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice: