By the Numbers: OU Women's Gymnastics are Ready for the NCAAs !

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

It was a great season, and I just love our girls. However, the truth is people only remember who wins unless they are fans of the losing team. In 10 years no one other than OU fans will remember how great this team was. They'll just see who the national champions were. There won't be an asterisk there to say oklahoma was the best team. I know the team must be reeling because they truly are the best team, but had a terrible night. Uncharacteristic of them as mentioned above but that's how it goes sometimes.

They made it look so easy all year, and gymnastics is definitely not an easy sport. Hats off to them. I wish they had been the last ones standing!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

What a gut punch. Such an unforgiving sport. Hate to see it. Helps put in perspective the good times.

Big congrats to Audrey and Faith for their individual titles. Impressive for them to find stellar performance in the midst of an off night.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Well, they did break several records throughout the season, so those will be remembered. Our 198.950 at the Big XII Championships, nobody is forgetting that.

Previous to the semi-finals, the lowest event score all year was 49.175. They had 2 events last night lower than that. On vault, we had one score all year below 9.725. We had three last night. On beam, we had two falls all year. We had two last night. Not our night.

I may be disappointed that we're not in the finals, but I'm proud of what this team did accomplish. We are going to miss our 7 seniors: Regan, Audrey, Kat, Bell, Meilin, Soraya, and Sheridan
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

On a happier note, it was nice to hear Anastasia Webb on the Bars & Floor stream. I had not seen her commenting on gymnastics before.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Yesterday was definitely a shock. Our top 3 who were almost flawless on the vault this year but unfortunately they crashed and burned yesterday.

OU has dominated college gymnastics and we won the national championship the last 2 years. 🤜 This is a remarkable achievement. That was last year's team

I would like to congratulate everyone who has posted in this thread about their appreciation of the difficulty of competing at this high level and the amazing talent that year's team had. It is was an amazing run.
::rice2:: :dude: