Milos Uzan Transfers to Houston

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
EMan

Milos Uzan Transfers to Houston

Post by EMan »

Oklahoma point guard Milos Uzan announced Saturday he will transfer to the University of Houston.

Uzan represents a significant addition for the Cougars, as the replacement for All-American point guard Jamal Shead, and caps a week that saw starters LJ Cryer and J’Wan Roberts commit for one final season.

Uzan played two seasons at OU, averaging 9.0 points, 4.4 assists and 3.4 rebounds in 32 starts this past season.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-BB1lAed4
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

Are we going to have enough players to even participate in men’s hoops next year?
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I wonder how many times Samson called Uzan.....
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

SoonerTony wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm Are we going to have enough players to even participate in men’s hoops next year?
We oughta scrap men's basketball, and put funds earmarked for it towards women's basketball, or towards football. I'm being serious about this.

Yes, crying "uncle" due to the existence of pro basketball robbing the Sooner mens' program of attendance money, and related revenue. If OKC was a much bigger city, the pro and the college teams could possibly both do all right, like in Dallas, LA, Houston etc.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Pretty much all new players to learn for next year I guess.

At this point, to quote Jerry Seinfeld, we're all just cheering and booing for laundry.
#Mentally In Portal
Raul

Post by Raul »

inconnu wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am
SoonerTony wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm Are we going to have enough players to even participate in men’s hoops next year?
We oughta scrap men's basketball, and put funds earmarked for it towards women's basketball, or towards football. I'm being serious about this.

Yes, crying "uncle" due to the existence of pro basketball robbing the Sooner mens' program of attendance money, and related revenue. If OKC was a much bigger city, the pro and the college teams could possibly both do all right, like in Dallas, LA, Houston etc.
I could not disagree more.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...sort of feel sorry for Porter, losing damn near his entire team 2 years running now.

Hard to have any team cohesiveness and structure starting over with a new group of players every season.
The SOONER BB culture seems to have become a "one & done" transfer portal stepping stone.
The outdated LNC, the lack of any real fan support, and Moser's coaching method (which I'm beginning to doubt) has put OKLAHOMA behind the 8-ball.

Porter Moser is sitting on a heater this upcoming season! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
RussC

Post by RussC »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:16 am ...sort of feel sorry for Porter, losing damn near his entire team 2 years running now.

Hard to have any team cohesiveness and structure starting over with a new group of players every season.
The SOONER BB culture seems to have become a "one & done" transfer portal stepping stone.
The outdated LNC, the lack of any real fan support, and Moser's coaching method (which I'm beginning to doubt) has put OKLAHOMA behind the 8-ball.

Porter Moser is sitting on a heater this upcoming season! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Yes, we are a one-and-done school but without any of the winning.
#Mentally In Portal
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

inconnu wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am We oughta scrap men's basketball, and put funds earmarked for it towards women's basketball, or towards football. I'm being serious about this.
It will never happen, but I agree 100%. NIL & unlimited transfers have ruined college basketball. Let the women's team play in McCasland Field House & scrap the whole off campus new arena/entertainment district.
captnop

Post by captnop »

I don't want to scrap mens basketball BUT I agree with McCasland Field House, update it, maybe add some more seats. it's a PERFECT BB Venue. If They want some place to host concerts .. then scrap the LNC and build an actual facility dedicated to that. The day of the Mixed use BB/Everything else in the world has been killed by NIL. Athletes want a 1st class BB experience and the LNC is not that AND the two are mutually exclusive. You can't build a dedicated BB facility that is ALSO a good big name concert venue. Unless you can sell 15-20K College BB tickets Time to move on.