future pitching

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Next year is going to be a challenge - and that is exactly why I am looking forward to it! I gotta admit that I am feeling relief that the Expectation Fever might break for me as a fan.....for a little while at least.

A huge amount of the pressure is off for 2025. A new group of stars are rising above the horizon. Coaches will be putting in extra effort and attention. The Team: Young, Hungry, and Striving to make their own mark and build their own legacy. That could make for some surprising results.

Thrilling stuff to me as a fan. I can't wait to see what they can do! Can't wait to meet the new crew of record-breakers, trophy-takers, and champion-makers.

Next year's schedule is not out yet. When it does come out, my anticipation is going to be focused on how well this very young and inexperienced team
competes against the powerhouses. Oh, along with descriptors like, young and inexperienced, I should have added, mega-talented and best-of-the-best in the nation.

It will/would be a new experience to look down that 2025 schedule, with Sharpie in hand, and expect to circle 15 or more losses. Maybe so, however, I'm gonna leave the Sharpie in the drawer for now.

Patty may be taking a chip out of her drawer for next year, and placing it squarely on the team's shoulder. A Sharpie is just not as useful as a chip sometimes.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:27 am
TN Sooner wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:30 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:15 am.

The Sooners will be very young entering the SEC in 2025. But perhaps only 2 or 3 teams in the SEC will have the talent that OU has on their roster. But that young talent will be unproven. Only time and experience will allow them to be "proven".
I’m curious who you see as more talented than the projected roster for the Sooners? I know you study the recruiting rankings far more that I do and respect your ability to prognosticate.

Obviously not speaking for Believer, but replying to your question and in tossing my 2 cents worth....I think one of the "improving" teams would be Florida. They do have a real offense, but their two new freshmen pitchers, Rothrock and Brown, are studs and they will have a year's worth of SEC experience under their belts. I think Fla will be a tough out next year. They are hosting LSU this weekend, so we'll find out how well they are coming along. Speaking of LSU, that's another school that will be improving. Their current ace pitcher Berzon will be a junior, and they'll have a hot freshman, Jayden Heavener, who was near #1 on everybody's recruiting list joining up with them next year. The Tigers will have to replace their Senior leader, SS Taylor Pleasants (their version of Grace Lyons) but if they get some more bats, they'll have the pitchers to give people a tough game.
Rothrock is a stud pitcher for Florida, Brown is more a hitter who can throw the ball. She needs more polishing to become a good pitcher. LSU and Georgia are both senior heavy and basically in the same boat as OU in terms of losses for 2025.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

OU_Tom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:07 pm I think some of you might be a bit delusional about next season (nothing personal of course). I think the portal won't have much talent but Patty will grab the grab the best talent available. We will be in SEC so we will have a very competitive schedule. We will probably lose 15-25 games next year; which is what most very good teams typically lose. Then in 2026; when all the great young talent arrives, OU will go on another run for 3 or 4 years. We are going to see some great softball down the road; just not next year.
No way we lose even 15 games nest year . Reason #1 Patty Gasso has not lost 15 games since 2011 and #2 SEC softball is way overrated #3 Patty is the BEST coach in history of college softball. #4 Patty has a ton of talent coming in and will use portal to fill any cracks she sees.Since PG elevated the program where it is now(since 2013) Patty is 565 - 62 in those 10 COMPLETE seasons.Will we lose as many as 10 games ? Maybe But I'm willing to say right now there is no way we lose 15 plus games.