OU vs Texas - Game 3

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

texas wins again 2-1 and wins the series. Our hitting let us down this weekend. Perhaps we need to really focus on that and reset. Hoping it pays dividends for the post season. Our pitching is good enough to win - our hitting just wasn't this weekend (although texas has never played defense as well as they did this weekend - we never put enough pressure on them to make them crack).
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

jmac11 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:03 pm Sooner domination is over. Tough to accept
All the stars aligned for texas to win this one. The fact that this was played at texas is probably the biggest thing I was concerned about. They were gunning for OU and they got us. We didn't play all that bad and some of our hits were good - just placed poorly and texas played better on defense than I think they ever have. Those same games played not in Austin may have had different outcomes as the texas defense probably would have cracked. They didn't and we lost. But we are still one of if not the best teams in the sport. Here is one time where I will say playing in OKC in the WCWS will be an advantage this time....
EMan

Post by EMan »

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. Texas* played better these last two games and deserved the wins. Much like OU, their offense wasn't anything to write home about, but it was obviously just enough to get the job done. The Sooners didn't hit the ball very well at all in this series, and when they finally did hit a line drive it seemed to be right at a Texas* defender. Bad luck, or really good scouting/positioning... whatever the case Texas* made the plays to win. I have to admit, if you had told me Texas* wouldn't score more than 2 runs in any game in this series, I'd have bet OU not only had a series sweep but probably a run rule or two as well. Very surprising to see the entire team go ice cold at the same time. It's been a long long time since we've seen that.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

Texas was definitely the better team this weekend. Credit given.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Doesn't seem like our lineup is as potent as in the past few years - doesn't strike fear in the other team. Looks like there are holes in the lineup you can pitch around & not get hurt. Hope Patti can get it figured out.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

::rice2:: :dude:
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

It's a bitter pill to swallow, losing to Texass 1-2 in two straight games. Despite not getting the timely hits that we are accustomed to seeing from our players, we STILL outhit the Horns in tonight's game 6-3, and only gave up 1 base on balls. We outhit the Horns 19-12 in the series: 7-3 Game 1; 6-6 Game 2; 6-3 Game 3. If I knew that to be the case going into the game, I would have expected a Sooner win. Give Texas credit for some outstanding defensive play, though. They failed to play poor defense as is their custom, and one swing of the bat, together with a hit batsman gave the Horns all the runs that they needed.

I fully expect that the Sooners will visit Wichita State this Tuesday with blood in their eye... of course, the Shockers may feel like OU is vulnerable and try to steal a win while OU is reeling. I guess that we'll see....
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner