Other Games 3/28/24

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Other Games 3/28/24

Post by TropicalSooner »

MS State wins over Fla 13-12. Scored 7 in bottom of 6th after Fla scored 5 in the top. Ava Brown takes the loss.
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Kentucky (unranked now) beats Alabama,for Kentucky's first SEC conference win of the year for them.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Mississippi State 13 Florida 12 was surprising to me. the Florida freshmen pitchers looked like freshmen. Miss State just keeps hitting the ball.

Duke really exploded for 14 runs to beat VA Tech 14-5 which included Lemley pitching for just one inning in relief.

LSU managed to win 2-1 over A&M in a low scoring game. Berzon beat Kennedy in a pitcher's dual. A Pleasants HR won it in the 8th.

UCLA defeated Oregon 5-3. UCLA's Terry and Tinsley won it over three pitchers for Oregon.

Kentucky (Schoonover) won 6-3 over Bama and Beaver.

Arizona was no match for Stanford and Canady as Stanford won 9-0.

In a mid-major big game. TX State with Mullins in the circle beat South Alabama with Lackie in the circle, 1-0 as the lone run was walked with two outs and later scored in the 5th inning against Lackie.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Alabama's pitcher, Kayla Beaver, started the game out all right. But I read on another site that at some point early in the game she took a line drive to the chest. It appeared to me after that she started having trouble and was walking a bunch of KY's lineup when she got pulled.
I don't know if that hit to her chest was all that serious or not. I've posed the question in a couple of places elsewhere, but can't get any Alabama fans to reply back. Perhaps they just don't know---or maybe it's just not that big a deal and are ignoring me.
I'm guessing Beaver won't pitch today, but tomorrow should be the telling game. If she's ok, then we should see their ace out in the circle tomorrow. If not, maybe something's up.
In any case, I hope it was something she just shakes off and comes back in fine shape to carry on.
aka Crimson47