Baylor game #3, 5:30PM sat. 23 March

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
inconnu

Baylor game #3, 5:30PM sat. 23 March

Post by inconnu »

Baylor 0 runs in top of 1st. OU at bat. Crandall pitching for Bears. OU up 1-0. Sorry, I missed most of the 1st inning. Note that Torres is in for Pickering in right field. On to 2nd inning.

Deal still pitching. First batter gets single to right. 2nd batter gets on with a bunt. 3rd batter bunts safely. Bases loaded no outs. Pop out to Torres in Right. Nobody scores. Next batter K's! Hottup, and she grounds out. OU 1-0, going into bottom of 2nd inning.
Last edited by inconnu on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Bottom of 2nd inning, Boone bunts for an out. Torres walks.My radio connection was cut off for a while. It's on again now, and we didn't score in bottom of 2nd, so on to top of the 3rd inning.

Deal pitching. She walks 3 batters. 2 outs. She K's batter to end top half of the 3rd.

Bottom half, OU has Jennings hit a double. Then BRITO BOMB, and OU is up 3-0. Parker K's. Two outs. Boone batting. Pops out to end inning
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Top of 4th. First Baylor batter flies out. 2nd batter flies out to Torres. Hott at bat, and she hits another homer. 3-1 OU Next batter flies out to Boone.

now bottom of 4th. Torres Blast! 4-1. Hodge grounds out. Ludlam up. She K's. 2 outs. Coleman grounds out.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

5th inning. Keeney in to pitch for OU. Govan grounds out to Brito. Jennings commits error. Next batter grounds out, then a liner out to Jennings.

bottom of 5th: Tiare up. HOMER! A SHOT! 5-1. Brito grounds out. Parker up. She walks. Pickering batting for Sanders. Pickering flies out. Boone batting.Boone HBP. Torres batting. She singles and Parker scores. KINZIE HANSEN AT BAT. I'm verklempt! Monster cut! Then, she K's. 6-1 OU
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

6th. Keeney still pitching. one out now. 2nd batter grounder to first. Maxwell in to pitch, surprisingly. Batter gets a single. Hott at bat again. She is HBP. Maxwell might be as surprised to be pitching as I am to see her pitching right now. There's a double and Baylor scores 2 runs. It's now 6-3 OU. Govan at bat. Gets a double. Now it's 6-4. Ludlam goes out to talk with Maxwell. Finally, a pop out for the last out in the inning.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Bottom of 6th, Lillio walks Coleman doubles. Runners on 2nd and third. Jennings pops out. Brito up.Blooper single by Brito. It's 7-4 now. Parker batting. There's a tag out. Then a pop out Inning over.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

7th inning. Is Maxwell still pitching? yes. Ground out. Maybe Maxwell is over the shock?!?!? Fly out to right. 2 outs now.Flyout to Center. We win 7-4.
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Though only the last game of the three was really competitive in retrospect, Baylor felt like a very pesky group. The Bears lingered around for a good stretch of total innings - and were within striking distance much of the time. They proved to be a difficult team to put away in many respects. Considering the history between the two teams, and the nature/personality/style of the Bears, this is not completely surprising.

Pitching got the job done, however, it was a tad sloppy at moments. Deal was not as crisp and on point as I hoped; three early walks. Maxwell got straight up hammered. Again, Baylor just refused to go away, lead by Hott - what a series she had for the Bears!

I did like the way the Sooners responded to Baylor's mini-rallies with runs of their own. That was very encouraging!