Welcome Gabbie Garcia

oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Last of the 2024 class to sign, welcome Sydney Barker

oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is a list of the Sooner 2024 recruits and where they live (HS) and where they will play summer ball. At least where I think they will play summer ball.

Audrey Lowry LHP/Utility LH B/T
Tri-West HS, Lizton, Indiana - Tennessee MOJO - Ramsey/Fisher

Corri Hicks C - RH B/T
San Jose, California - OC Batbusters-Stith

Kadey Lee McKay SS/MIF - LH Bat RH T
Caddo, OK - Epic National 18U - Smith

Sydney Barker SS - RH B/T
Elk Grove/Rocklin, CA LTG Lions - Henderson

Tia Milloy SS/MIF - LH Bat RH T
Redmond, Washington NW Bullets -Campos

Gabriella Garcia SS/OF - LH Bat RH T
Chandler, Arizona - OC Batbusters-Stith

Chaney Helton, CF - LH B/T
Coweta, OK - Iowa Premier 18U - National

Riley Zache C/UT - RH B/T
South Bend, IN (St. Joe High) - Tennessee MOJO - Ramsey/Fisher

If anyone knows about a change of summer teams let me know, please.

One website I use to follow some of the players is the Alliance stats page. Here is the link: https://thealliancefastpitch.com/player-statistics/

It takes some work to find HS Stats and then even some work to find summer ball stats.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:04 am Riley Zache C/UT - RH B/T
South Bend, IN (St. Joe High) - Tennessee MOJO - Ramsey/Fisher
I found this interesting. Riley and Berkley actually live in Niles, MI, just across the border from South Bend. They actually cross state lines to go to high school. Also, their aunt is the head softball coach at Indiana University, South Bend.

https://iusbtitans.com/sports/softball/ ... martin/305
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OU HEAD COACH PATTY GASSO ON HICKS: "I'm very excited to get Corri on campus. Her physical presence is just different. She's tall, lanky and has great upside to become an elite hitter in the college ranks. I think our strength program is going to change her world; surrounding her with elite athletes will push her to be great. She's very good behind the plate, has a great arm and can throw anybody out. She's really quick with her releases. I see a great future for her here in Oklahoma. She comes from an athletic family and has tremendous potential to unlock."
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I do not know if Hicks will be the starting catcher in the first spring game of 2025, but I will say that by the time the SEC play rolls around in 2025 that Hicks will be the starting catcher for the Sooners.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Wow! She's quick!
Threw it right over the pitchers head (pitcher didn't even duck).
Yikes!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Extra Innings Softball had an article today about Tia Milloy, Oklahoma Sooner 2024 Softball Recruit. Milloy is a MIF/OF recruit arriving in August 2024 ready to play for the Sooners. The article is behind a paywall so I should not post it. Here are some take-aways though. The article leads you to an interview by Voices from the Field with Katie Lively and Jayden Mount.

Growing up in a family deeply rooted in athletics—her father, Lawyer Milloy, a former NFL player and Super Bowl Champion, and her mother - Claudine, was a collegiate Track and Field All-America. she has two sisters who both played college softball. Amirah Milloy played for Washington for 4 years. Her career stats at Washington were a .306 BA, .378 OB%, .473 Slug% with 21 double, 2 triples and 6 HRs and 18 steals. Kiki Milloy played at Tennessee and had tremendous career stats of .335 BA, .470 OB%, .704 Slug% with 39 doubles, 9 triples and 69 HRs with 142 stolen bases.
  • Milloy said that he goal is to never be outworked while playing softball. That is a big plus to me. If you work hard and have talent, success should follow.
  • Her post game ritual is to eat at Texas Roadhouse anytime she can. Norman needs one of those, IMO. But the one up at Crossroads is not too far away.
  • She said that Corri Hicks is one of her better friends and that were both MSP All-American with Corri Hicks. I think she said they would be rooming together at OU also.
  • She loves the Sooner all-white uniforms.
Stats from High School:

SR - 29 Games - .567 BA, .646 OB%, 1.076 Slug% - 127 PAs - 13 doubles - 5 triples - 10 HRs - 35 Stolen Bases in 35 attempts.
JR - 12 Games - .629 BA, .729 OB%, 1.171 Slug% - 48 PAs - 4 doubles - 3 triples - 3 HRs - - 8 Stolen Bases in 8 attempts.
SOPH - 32 Games - .589 BA, .643 OB%, 1.009 Slug% - 126 PAs - 13 doubles - 4 triples - 8 HRs - 18 Stolen Bases in 19 attempts.
FR - 10 Games - .469 BA, .514 OB%, .593 Slug% - 35 PAs - 4 doubles - 0 triples - 0 HRs - 5 Stolen Bases in 6 attempts.
As a JR and SR - Milloy made 3 errors in 121 chances for a .975 Fielding%.

Here is a picture of Milloy, Corri Hicks and Kai Minor. Minor and Hicks are both probably 5'11" maybe taller. I think that means the Milloy is 5'9" or so.