Ludlam?

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Ludlam?

Post by TropicalSooner »

So, is Ludlam OK after that injury (?) to her finger (hand) sliding back into 2B in the 2nd inning, I think?
Heard it was bandaged up and she finished the game at catcher.
Any aftereffects?
Thanks
Last edited by TropicalSooner on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Crimson47
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

The way it was taped, I would guess that the ring finger on her throwing hand was jammed, possibly dislocated, but probably just jammed. She did finish the game at catcher.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:48 pm The way it was taped, I would guess that the ring finger on her throwing hand was jammed, possibly dislocated, but probably just jammed. She did finish the game at catcher.
Guess maybe that was kinda like what Taylon Snow did a few years back, jamming a finger sliding into 3B. Ran off the field, medic pulled it back into place, and came right back out and finished that game too.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I’m definitely concerned - Lud’s final AB, she was not gripping the bat with her right hand - just wrapped it around her left hand. TT walked her on 4 pitches and I got the impression she wasn’t planning to swing at all - on her way to first, there seemed to be an inside joke as she spilled and laughed.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Did her throwing seem impaired any? Return throws to the pitcher? Any pickoff attempts go awry?

If it just hampers her hitting only, can she still catch and flex her out---maybe have Coor bat for her?

Just throwing mudballs here......
aka Crimson47
EMan

Post by EMan »

TN Sooner wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:25 pm I’m definitely concerned - Lud’s final AB, she was not gripping the bat with her right hand - just wrapped it around her left hand. TT walked her on 4 pitches and I got the impression she wasn’t planning to swing at all - on her way to first, there seemed to be an inside joke as she spilled and laughed.
Yeah, that's when you realized it could be a more serious injury. I looked at her grip on the bat and said there's no way she can swing like that. But as you said, she never had to lift the bat off her shoulder.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I didn’t notice any issues throwing and there were definitely no pick-off plays after she was hurt. So who knows? I hope Kenzi is going to be fine soon - I’m worried about that situation too.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Certainly not a biggee, but her name ain't Ludlum. It's Ludlam.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

inconnu wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:35 pm Certainly not a biggee, but her name ain't Ludlum. It's Ludlam.
Yes it is a big deal.
My on the fly posts bit me in the a$$ again.
Thank you for the correction.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

So with Kinz possibly out for an undetermined period of time due to a knee issue, that brings our attention back to Ludlam.
Since she finished the game on Sunday after injuring her finger in the 2nd inning, I wonder if she is still going to be serviceable going forward in the short term?
Obviously she was having trouble with batting. I guess she could be pinch hit for...but I hope we get some information regarding how much help both these girls are going to be behind the plate in the weekly presser today.
I, too, was surprised that Tech didn't try to test her by trying to steal second in that last game. Apparently she seemed to throw the ball back to the pitcher all right the rest of the game?

Hope we put catcher on our "want list" when we go portal shopping in June. Yeah....we've got two freshmen catchers coming in the fall....but 1) this shows how you just can't be over stocked on catchers--even just a basic catcher in the portal would do, and, 2) If you can find a Grad or Sr catcher in the portal---she'll be able to help coach the young freshmen and give them valuable leadership and mentoring while they adjust to D1 College Softball Life.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I think Plank spoke a bit out of school tonight - early in The broadcast, he said “hoping for Kinzie to return by the Texas series”. He later cleaned that up a bit and said “maybe Kansas”. My interpretation of Plank mis-speak/overshare - Texas is the optimistic hope.

And Ludlam AB’s tonight were not good - using a modified, 2-finger overlap grip (protecting the pinkie and ring fingers, which are taped up). Weak infield pops.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Maybe Deal and May need to start taking batting practice so we can use the DP for her.
aka Crimson47