Love's Field Availability for Practicing

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerTX

Love's Field Availability for Practicing

Post by SoonerTX »

Does anyone know if the team can now have their practices at Love's Field? If not, when would they be able to do so? Lastly, does anyone know when they can move completely out of Marita Hynes?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

From what I understand from what Coach Gasso has said, this is what I think.

There is no availability for the Sooners to practice on the field at all. Before each game, they have access to go through their on-field warmup routine but that is about it. Maybe they will get to squeeze in five minutes for small things but that is it. They can not really practice with the walls by bouncing balls off or anything that requires bats. They have not hit on the field besides during the five games. The same for pitching also.

It is really not much of a home-field advantage for now. Except for the fans that are coming to the games, which counts a great deal.

From what I understand by reading between the lines, it may be the middle of April before full access is given and that they move into Love's Stadium and start to practice everyday in the facility.

If anyone else has any feelings that are different, please comments here.
SoonerSeth

Post by SoonerSeth »

Has anyone seen renderings of the new locker room, team lounge area, indoor practice area, etc.? I know basic renderings of the "outside" of the stadium were released a while ago, but I don't think I have come across anything for the interior spaces.
SoonerTX

Post by SoonerTX »

I looked for some renderings of the indoor facilities but did not see any available.

OUBeliever56A - Do you know if the team can't get on the field for their practices due to the new grass needing to get established or due to some other issue or issues?
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

SoonerTX wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:10 pm I looked for some renderings of the indoor facilities but did not see any available.

OUBeliever56A - Do you know if the team can't get on the field for their practices due to the new grass needing to get established or due to some other issue or issues?
They said during the Texas A&M Commerce game that the team wouldn't be able to practice at Love's Field until mid-April.
SoonerSeth

Post by SoonerSeth »

SoonerTX wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:10 pm I looked for some renderings of the indoor facilities but did not see any available.

Thanks. It always seemed strange to me with the quality of renderings available these days that the ones released for this softball stadium project (the premier facility in the country) seemed pretty basic/low quality to me and didn't include any interior renderings of the items mentioned above. I guess I kind of expected something the quality of OSU's master athletics plan announcement last year (https://news.okstate.edu/articles/commu ... _plan.html).
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

SoonerSeth wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:34 pm Has anyone seen renderings of the new locker room, team lounge area, indoor practice area, etc.? I know basic renderings of the "outside" of the stadium were released a while ago, but I don't think I have come across anything for the interior spaces.
I have not seen anything showing the interior surfaces except a couple of pictures of the indoor facility. And no, I do not have them or remember where. They were just shots of the open spaces.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The entire stadium remains a construction site and the contractors don’t want a bunch of people traipsing thru while they are actively working. They can halt work and rope off areas to let the games happen, but while it’s an active work zone, OSHA, insurance and many other factors are going to limit non-construction personnel from being on site.