Love's Field Progress

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Love's Field Progress

Post by TropicalSooner »

Latest pics from Love's Field construction...taken on Sat Feb 24th.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=47693&page=7

This is a beautiful stadium.

It still is a little raggedy around the outside but looks like the facility will be functional and ready by Friday. It may be awhile before Home Run Village will be available.

Weather forcast I made last week is holding. Warm and sunny Mon/Tues...cooler Wed/Thurs but still sunny, and mid-upper 60s and sunny on gameday-Friday.

Boomer!!
aka Crimson47
EMan

Post by EMan »

The facility looks incredible! The House that Patty Built! I must admit though I find it interesting that the outfield wall is almost understated by today's standards. It seems most schools pay tribute to national titles and/or great players from the past with big murals on the wall. While OU's nattys are recognized, as well as all the trips to OKC, compared to the Marita Hynes outfield wall the historical tribute to the program is very unassuming. Just something that stood out looking at the pics.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Thank you, Tropical!

I think the complex is beautiful, too. Can't wait to see a virtual tour of it, especially the inside!

I was thinking last night about all the conduit for audio, video, and other technology running through the walls - and how fun it would be to dream about all the fun possibilities available these days to enhance player and fan experience.

One part of the field design I was curious about is the amount of space in foul territory beyond the seating bump outs. It looks quite narrow. I'm sure it is up to regulations - it just appears 'skinny' to me. No real worries about it.

Practice this week will be exciting for the ladies! The first game played will be a memory for them for the rest of their lives.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

EMan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:33 am The facility looks incredible! The House that Patty Built! I must admit though I find it interesting that the outfield wall is almost understated by today's standards. It seems most schools pay tribute to national titles and/or great players from the past with big murals on the wall. While OU's nattys are recognized, as well as all the trips to OKC, compared to the Marita Hynes outfield wall the historical tribute to the program is very unassuming. Just something that stood out looking at the pics.
I was also curious why OUr wall murals were not replicated at LF .In addition I would like to see a panel celebrating OU becoming only the 4th program to crack 2000 wins(accomplished vs Tulsa last year) .There have been many teams go to WCWS and many who have won NCs ,it just seems like something only 3 other schools can claim is worth acknowledging somewhere on the stadium .Love's Field is indeed a beautiful softball palce . IMHO as soon as PG retires the facility should be renamed Loves Field - Patty Gasso Stadium . :bow:
HighPlainsDrifter

Post by HighPlainsDrifter »

Question….is that new turf gonna slide around this weekend?
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

HighPlainsDrifter wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:29 pm Question….is that new turf gonna slide around this weekend?
We will hit only home runs and the opponents hits won't leave the infield so the grass in the outfield won't get much wear and tear!
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

It looks amazing!!! Hoping they have some kind of netting though to protect the pitchers warming up in the bull pens from stray foul balls. Everything else looks magnificent!
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

"Love's Field Game Day information and policies, including information on the pregame dedication".
https://soonersports.com/news/2024/2/26 ... nformation
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

HighPlainsDrifter wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:29 pm Question….is that new turf gonna slide around this weekend?
Naw ,they used 55 gallon drum of Gorilla Glue to secure grass in place . :D
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Somebody is an Oakland A's fan. That's gotta be 1988 or 1989.