Down the stretch

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
TN Sooner

Down the stretch

Post by TN Sooner »

Nice win by the Sooners last night. It felt a lot better when we had a 20 point lead than it did as the Bearcats made a run late. But a win is a win.

Standings:

OU 13-2

Texas 11-3
Kansas State 11-3
West Virginia 11-3

Remaining schedules:

OU - OSU, Texas, @ Kansas

Texas - Texas tech, @ UCF, @ OU, BYU

Kansas State - West Virginia, @ Kansas, Iowa state, @ Texas Tech

West Virginia - @ Kansas State, Baylor, @ Oklahoma State, TCU

Big game tonight as West Virginia visits KSU. Effectively an elimination game for a chance at first place.

OU guaranteed share of first with 2 wins.

Let’s finish strong ladies. Big 12 is not getting much respect in the current bracket predictions. I feel the Sooners can still get a top 16 seed and host first round games, but they probably have to win 2 of 3 and then win 1 or 2 in the Big 12 tourney.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

More on Bracketology:

ESPN has us currently as a 6, playing in region hosted by colorado. They have Texas as a 2 (!??) seed and KSU as a 4 seed, hosting regionals. I don’t get Texas as a 2 at all - a top 8 team? That makes our home game against them very important for getting us a quality win.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TN Sooner wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:57 am More on Bracketology:

ESPN has us currently as a 6, playing in region hosted by Colorado. They have Texas as a 2 (!??) seed and KSU as a 4 seed, hosting regionals. I don’t get Texas as a 2 at all - a top 8 team? That makes our home game against them very important for getting us a quality win.
I agree about Texas, I am not sure what they see in them outside of size and the Freshman, Booker, and Holly that is so good. If OU could beat Texas twice this year, the Sooners might move up considerably. If the LNC is not full next Wednesday night, shame on Sooners fans.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

On Wednesday Night, Kansas State did defeat West Virginia. Texas defeated Tech. so the standings for the top four teams are:

1. Oklahoma 13-2
T2. Kansas State 12-3
T2. Texas 12-3
4 West Virginia 11-4

Saturday's games are:

OSU at OU - I really hope there is a big crowd for this game at 1 PM.
Texas @ UCF
Kansas State at Kansas
WV hosts Baylor.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

WVU v KSU highlights made Sportscenter last night - WVU tied it with a furious rally late to force OT. KSU dominated OT. Ayoka (sp?) Lee played and had 30+/10+ points/rebounds, so she seems fully recovered. In my opinion, They are a team that can go deep in the tourney if she stays healthy.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

ESPN now projects Texas as a 1 seed :confusedplus:

Charlie Crème dropped Iowa to the 2 line and moved Texas to the 1.

With a healthy ayoka lee, ksu is the best in the big 12, imo.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

What a nice win against little sister. Exactly what you want to see against an outmatched opponent - open a lead and keep building it. I love the way we stuffed their Big (Gusters) - she got some points but had to work really hard and Sahara owned her on the offensive end - stepping out for the midrange jumpers. Several trips up the floor, Gusters was well behind the play - just doesn’t have the stamina to play both ends of the floor for more than a couple minutes at a time.

I love the way we respond to “rough play” - Joens got in a scuffle that led to OSU flagrant 1 foul and held her ground but didn’t initiate. I noticed Beatrice do the same a game ago. Match the tough, but don’t escalate.

We clinch a share of title with 1 more win. We can eliminate Texas completely this week. Texas won at UCF, so we remain a game ahead of them.

WVU lost again, so they are eliminated. KSU @ Kansas today to keep their chances alive.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

And the Jayhawks beat Kansas State!
EMan

Post by EMan »

TN Sooner wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:44 pm And the Jayhawks beat Kansas State!
That sets it all up for a win against the Horns to secure the conference championship!
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!