Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

New pics of Love's Field!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

New pics are up on OKC Talk. Page 5!

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php? ... 2e4cacc36c
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Man, the photos with grass and turf components look spectacular.
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

The new field looks spectacular - once they get the rest of the concrete poured for the concourse & fan plaza, it's going to be just amazing.

One thing I find interesting, though, is that the scoreboard is in dead, straight-away centerfield. Wouldn't this interfere w/ the batter's vision or distract her from seeing the incoming pitch? They have the typical "batter's eye" above the CF wall, but flashing lights from the scoreboard directly above that doesn't seem to be ideal to me. Maybe it's high enough to not be an issue.
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

Brisket wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:37 am The new field looks spectacular - once they get the rest of the concrete poured for the concourse & fan plaza, it's going to be just amazing.

One thing I find interesting, though, is that the scoreboard is in dead, straight-away centerfield. Wouldn't this interfere w/ the batter's vision or distract her from seeing the incoming pitch? They have the typical "batter's eye" above the CF wall, but flashing lights from the scoreboard directly above that doesn't seem to be ideal to me. Maybe it's high enough to not be an issue.
Two things that I can think of why the centerfield scoreboard will not be a distratraction:
One - since a softball pitch comes from about knee level (as opposed to about head level + mound for baseball), the "batter's eye" area does not need to be as high up as in baseball.
Two - there will only be flashing lights when the opposing team is batting. :D

My thoughts on the overall facility is I'm not crazy about the color of the brick used, it looks like a sort of dirty brown. I'd prefer a more reddish tinted brick. But perhaps it matches the other campus facilities in the area? Oh well, no one asked me and my opinion doesn't matter.
Living the dream…
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

How many seats will be in Love's? It looks like it doesn't hold any more fans than the current stadium.
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

soonerindallas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:04 pm How many seats will be in Love's? It looks like it doesn't hold any more fans than the current stadium.
Love's Field: 4,200
Marita Hynes: 1,400
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Brisket wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:42 pm
soonerindallas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:04 pm How many seats will be in Love's? It looks like it doesn't hold any more fans than the current stadium.
Just thought I would complete the softball stadium history :Reaves Park 50 :D
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

Unless I am off on the orientation, the prevailing spring/summer south wind will blow OUT to RF. Patty getting lefty power hitters and likely looking for more.
texsa sucks!
tycat947

Post by tycat947 »

cushcreekmont wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:21 pm Unless I am off on the orientation, the prevailing spring/summer south wind will blow OUT to RF. Patty getting lefty power hitters and likely looking for more.
The orientation is exactly the same as Marita Hynes Field.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

the paying field and the seating looks absolutely fabulous. Something to be very proud of as Sooners!
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Brisket wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:42 pm
Wow - great increase. I guess the pics just made the seating area look a bit small. Great for the team!