Bama,s future

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
captnop

Post by captnop »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Joel Klatt seems to think Kalen DeBoer is the hire. He has no dog in this hunt .. seeing Sark's name too.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalen_DeBoer

Sounds like this is the Guy Bama is Targeting?
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
UtahSooner83

Post by UtahSooner83 »

Law 41 of The Laws of Power:

“Avoid stepping into a great man’s shoes.”

Why would DeBoer go there? He is from South Dakota. I remember what happened after Bear Bryant. No matter how good a coach you are, you will never be thought of as as being nearly good as who you replace. Alabama never recovered until >10 years later, when they got Stallings.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

It is announced that De Boer is in a meeting with the Washington AD working out a ew deal…… :surrender:

Saban announces he will retain an office in the Stadium….. :crackthewhip:

Turns out Bama will need to find a good HS coach…….
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... er-report/

Kalen Deboer is the next Bama Coach.
SoonerGGS

Post by SoonerGGS »

Interesting that Jimmy Sexton the agent to all
Saban, DeBoer, Sarkisian, Kiffen, Smart...
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Gotta be some sort of collusion or Anti Trust there...LOL
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

SoonerGGS wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 pm Interesting that Jimmy Sexton the agent to all
Saban, DeBoer, Sarkisian, Kiffen, Smart...
There are no losers in that group he represents. Saban retires (with a nice retirement package written into his contract) while avoiding a buy out. All the rest get raises to do nothing different, just keep showing up at the office every day, except DeBoer who gets the biggest raise for taking a large step or two up on his career ladder. I certainly don't envy him. He will be under the biggest microscope of his life and no matter what he does it won't be as good as Saban.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

It's gonna be interesting to see if the ol saying "Never be the one to replace a 'Legend' " holds any water.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

AllSooner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:32 pm It's gonna be interesting to see if the ol saying "Never be the one to replace a 'Legend' " holds any water.

...DeBoer WILL have certain advantages. The Tide roster is talent laden and deep, and primed for continued success in recruiting at least initially.
If he can guide the Tide to another SEC conference Title game, the fans will embrace him I'm sure. But continuing the success Satan orchestrated may prove difficult in the long run. :eyes:

We can look at OU( another blue blood program) and see what happened when Gomer Jones replaced Bud Wilkinson or when Gay Gibbs replaced Barry Switzer, and of course Riley following Stoops. :deadhorse:

Alabama went through several coaches themselves and struggled mightily attempting to follow Bear Bryant's tenure.

USC still hasn't recovered from Pete Carrol's exit. :boohoo:

Nebraska has been stumbling ever since Osborne left.

texass got a Natty with Mack Brown, but have had a long litany of HC's since Royal left. :horns:

I could give several more examples, but IMO there's no doubt the "ol saying" holds water!

I'm sure not saying DeBoer won't be an exception, he certainly could be!
But I'm hoping it's proven true once again with OKLAHOMA entering the fray of the SEC. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Fly

Post by Fly »

In todays college football world it is hard to figure. I still think that why Sabine picked this time to step down.Even the NFL can predict
a few years down the road, who will be on there roster, being their players are locked in to contracts. College football rosters, can
change in the blink of a eye, from year to year. If something is not done soon with in the rules to lock these players, into some kind of
Commitment.It may come crashing down around them. Can,t blame a player jumping ship to make another million from year to year. :confusedplus:

🪰Fly :ou:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

With Saban getting an office on campus it will be interesting to see if Nack can keep in hus office or if turmoil will erupt due to Sabans behind the scenes coaching?Dont think DeBoer will stand for it.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

There is more newly in play than just the HC change, the change to 12 team playoff blows up the SEC lock on playoffs and hence blows up the SECs lock on the Natty….so DeBoer wont get 6 nattys at Bama, and that is the measuring stick…….

If Bama fans change and gain perspective and accept that making the playoffs should be the measurement stick all will be good…….

Smart move by DeBoer. The Big 10, where he was headed, is now a weird amalgamation of schools from coast to coast that has yet to prove they can function as a coast to coast conference. the SEC is the opposite a southern USA conference well established and in the top recruiting bases in the country…..

:ou: :ou: :ou:
RussC

Post by RussC »

Zgeo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:37 am
Smart move by DeBoer.

:ou: :ou: :ou:
I agree. My feeling is that UWashington had just hit an unsustainable peak, and was about to return to its norm. And KD was gonna lose some luster. The timing was perfect for Deboer with the championship game appearance and Saban retiring.
#Mentally In Portal
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Kalen DeBoer says Nick Saban has “100% access” to his operations as Alabama’s head coach
Fly

Post by Fly »

Don,t you think that is somewhat like Bob Stoops at Oklahoma? I would not think it would be more than just advice than over
seeing his decision’s ?

🪰Fly :BV: