Under Armour All-American game

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Pokerman

Under Armour All-American game

Post by Pokerman »

Get a first look at DL David Stone, TE Davon Mitchell, OL Daniel Akinkunmi, OL Eugene Brooks.
DL Williams Nwaneri (Missouri), the #1-rated DL recruit we lost to Mizzou will be playing. Should be interesting to compare the two DL's.

ESPN Wednesday Jan 3, 3:00pm central

Also, WR Zion Ragins and LB James Nesta will be playing in the All American Bowl on Saturday, 12 noon on NBC.
Last edited by Pokerman on Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

Ridiculous unis make it nearly impossible to see the numbers on the ICE (white) team.
I'll add the numbers as I'm able to make them out.

Stone (90), Akinkunmi (75) and, Brooks (54) and Nwaneri(5) are on Team ICE.
Mitchell is on Team FIRE.
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

Wow! I must be special. Got my own PRIVATE topic!

Guess I'm the only one watching this game.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Seemed like a thing best viewed in highlights later. I turned it on in the middle and was treated to some kid and his “with that being said, I’m taking my talents for the next 3.2 years to Miss St”.
#Mentally In Portal
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

RussC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:23 pm Seemed like a thing best viewed in highlights later. I turned it on in the middle and was treated to some kid and his “with that being said, I’m taking my talents for the next 3.2 years to Miss St”.
Watched the first half and most, but not all of the second half. Eugene Brooks looked good to me. Akinkunmi played in the second half and looked good when I was watching. I really like the upside of both those guys. David Stone looked pretty good too, but didn't look like he played all out all the time. I don't remember seeing Mitchell at all.

Nwaneri looked good too. Maybe a little quicker than Stone, but I can't say he was better.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Missouri U pisses me off.I would like to hear or read the details about how they stole Caden Green, and got so locked-on with Nwaneri.
Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

inconnu wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:13 pm Missouri U pisses me off.I would like to hear or read the details about how they stole Caden Green, and got so locked-on with Nwaneri.
WalMart money
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Pokerman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:35 pm Wow! I must be special. Got my own PRIVATE topic!

Who's won the arguments in your private topic?
RussC

Post by RussC »

AllSooner wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:14 am
Pokerman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:35 pm Wow! I must be special. Got my own PRIVATE topic!

Looks like Pokerman won those.
#Mentally In Portal
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

RussC wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:05 am
AllSooner wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:14 am

Yeah, I won (and lost). It was a bloody battle.
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

Pokerman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:11 am
AllSooner wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:14 am Who's won the arguments in your private topic?
Zig Ziglar used to say "It's OK to talk to yourself. It's even OK to answer. But if you ever find yourself saying 'Huh?", then you've got a problem." :D
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

Triple Option wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:53 am
Pokerman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:11 am
Zig Ziglar used to say "It's OK to talk to yourself. It's even OK to answer. But if you ever find yourself saying 'Huh?", then you've got a problem." :D
Ah, yes! Zig Ziglar. Saw him live once.
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

SoonerScoop had a under armor practice report w/ Josh McQuiston on their YouTube channel the other day & it sounded like all the OU guys looked very good.

Brooks was one of, if not the best, OL there. He should be in line for some playing time this upcoming season at one of the guard positions, or maybe even center if he can pick up the assignments & calls. Good strength & anchor; keeps his feet moving.

Akinkunmi was very impressive for only having played 2 real football games in his life. Developmental talent as he'll have to really get used to the speed of the D1 game, working w/ other OL, etc., but the talent & ability is there. And per the practice reports, he worked his butt off all week - showing up early, staying late, etc.

Stone was very impressive & has "elite" hand usage. Will definitely play next season.

Mitchell - raved about him. He looks like he could be in the NFL now - and by his age, he should've just completed his JR year of high school. Better than expected blocker; good receiver; can do it all - an actual in-line TE, can flex out to the slot. Hopefully he can serve the same role as Drake Stoops - chain-mover; Arnold's security blanket - but he can also go down the seams. Sounds like the closest thing OU has had to an elite, all-around TE since Gresham.

Jaydan Hardy played as well. Safety target. Sounds like size & speed are limiting factors here. Can't line up & play press man coverage on WRs. More comfortable playing off-coverage & reacting. Not so sure about this one. Sounded like they were searching for positive things about him.

They also speculated about the OL for next season - Sexton at LT; figure it out at LG; Everett at C (maybe Brooks); the guard from UNT at RG; the tackle from MichSt at RT.
gcruse7

Post by gcruse7 »

Here was a good highlight from David Stone. This was a 4th down stop.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot