Well that was a disappointment

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

Bottom post of the previous page:

CFB Stats shows 11 fumbles (3 last night included) so that 8 might be coming into the game.

I remember Farooq having at least two fumbles lost prior to last night. If one WR that had 62 total touches for the year had 4 fumbles, he has a poor fumble ratio.
texsa sucks!
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Up North Sooner wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:16 am
Fly wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:50 am What we need is a running game. This is the first time I can remember we have no running game. The only so called running back
we have can not keep the ball from being punched out of his hands.Is he not being coached to protect the ball.We must be the
the worst college football team I have seen this year on protecting the ball. How many times have I heard BV say that, we must
Improve on turning the ball over. That,s on the offense coaching staff to eliminate that. When it continues over & over, you will
continue to lost games.I challenge anyone to name another team that is worst at turning the ball over. JA will improve, but the fumbles
& so on is my concern. I seems to happen on drives we doing well & hoping to score. 🙄.

🪰Fly :BV:
If you're talking about Sawchuck, he had zero fumbles this season. As did Walker and Major.

For some reason I can't find the fumble numbers per WR. Odd, but whatever......

As a team total we had 19 fumbles this season, 8 of them resulted in turnovers.

We had 9 total INT. 6 during the regular season, 3 last night.

Nebraska led the nation in fumbles with 31, 15 of which they lost. I can't find good info on total interceptions for the season including bowls. During the season we had 6, which tied us for 14th in FBS along with 7 other teams. The University of Louisiana had the most interceptions thrown during the season with 9.

Those stats include last nights game per the ESPN stat tracker.
Thank you for the stats on Sawchuck I was going to post them but ypu beat me to it. OUr running game was very solid the last 5 games which just happens to match Saw's emergence as rb1 .
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

My thoughts/opinions on the game:

Simply put, OU beat OU. I can't think of any game at any level that I've seen or heard, or read about, where a team committed 6 turnovers and won the game. The turnovers are all on the players, not the coaches (some fans have a difficult time separating those 2).

Clock management/play calling was spotty (good at times bad at others). Granted, we had 560+ yards of total offense, but we lost quarters 1 and 4 and won quarters 2 and 3. We need better and more consist performances in all areas (coaches and players).

The Offense was a mild surprise. It was far from perfect, but it wasn't swiss cheese either. Several of the hits on JA were due to his indecision, more than poor blocking - not that there's not room for improvement in the OL.

The Defense had one of the best, if not the best, consistent pass rush and QB pressures of all year. Someone, somewhere needs to figure out why our opponents slot recievers and TEs are consistently open across the middle from 7-20 yds. That will solve a lot of other issues as well.

All in all while I am far from pleased with the result, I am encouraged by the sparks shown by a number of players. I can only hope that there is a good AND quick transition to the new offense in the spring and that the DL of the 24k class is lightning in the bottle that can make solid contributions when we kick off the newest OU era, with Team 130.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
Fly

Post by Fly »

Great over view!👏.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
TALSOONER

Post by TALSOONER »

It wasn't SOONER MAGIC, it was "sooner cursed."
The interception/fumble was the opposite of magic: ball pop up, caught, returned for a TD. Opposite of magic.
JA's fumble was opposite of magic: ball slipped out of his hand before he was hit and bounced right to a wildcat.

If these plays had been ours, we would have called them SOONER MAGIC.....
We need to find the witch that cursed us...