LOL....all good soonerTroll2.......... :D
aka Crimson47
RussC

Post by RussC »

Gee willikers
#Mentally In Portal
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

soonerTroll2 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:25 pm Big 7 (1948-1959) coincides with Bud Wilkerson's great run. So it's a given OU dominated. ;)
OU hasn't changed conferences since 1920. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Southwest-Conference
So long ago it's little remembered today.
Howard Neumann would turn over in his grave!!!

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/20 ... 164032007/

Psssst: I was just(still) referring to the name Wilkerson. Does anyone here but me remember Howard Neumann?! (not to be confused with Paul Newman) ::rice2::
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

inconnu wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:16 pm
soonerTroll2 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:25 pm Big 7 (1948-1959) coincides with Bud Wilkerson's great run. So it's a given OU dominated. ;)
OU hasn't changed conferences since 1920. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Southwest-Conference
So long ago it's little remembered today.
Howard Neumann would turn over in his grave!!!

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/20 ... 164032007/

Psssst: I was just(still) referring to the name Wilkerson. Does anyone here but me remember Howard Neumann?! (not to be confused with Paul Newman) ::rice2::
I remember his son Steve making & hosting the football and basketball coaching shows in the 90's. Steve Neumann also did the scoreboard videos till 1999. I remember them being somewhat cringeworthy. Joe C replaced him his second year as AD.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Not sure I ever noticed Steve Neumann, but his dad Howard was co-host for Bud Wilkinson's weekly tv show during the football season, back during the 47 game winning streak in the 1950's. I didn't live in OK during the 1990's
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Yeah....I remember.....
I watched Howard and Bud every chance I got......
Bud was like a college professor on the show. They don't make coaches like that anymore.
Miss 'em both.
aka Crimson47
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Vaguely remember Neumann associated with OU football…… Most current Neumann is Alfred E Neumann the perineal cover for Mad Magazine due to the fact that the current Secretary of Transportation, mayor Pete, is the exact match for Alfred E in appearance…..

As far as the sec i have looked at a few of the message boards and have concluded there is Bama, Georgia and then there are the teams that are sec sec sec…….The later are wannabes that ride the coattails of Bama Georgia most of the time with a few that have 1 good year every decade or 2….we didn’t see that in the Big 12 or any other conference for that matter…..the Bama georgia fans are good , the rest seem to be trying to compensate for an inferiority complex by attacking everything they can in a childish manner……

I recommend not going onto the SEC MBs….no real point to them……

:ou: :ou: :BV: :BV: :rice: :rice:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Zgeo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 am Vaguely remember Neumann associated with OU football…… Most current Neumann is Alfred E Neumann the perineal cover for Mad Magazine due to the fact that the current Secretary of Transportation, mayor Pete, is the exact match for Alfred E in appearance…..

As far as the sec i have looked at a few of the message boards and have concluded there is Bama, Georgia and then there are the teams that are sec sec sec…….The later are wannabes that ride the coattails of Bama Georgia most of the time with a few that have 1 good year every decade or 2….we didn’t see that in the Big 12 or any other conference for that matter…..the Bama georgia fans are good , the rest seem to be trying to compensate for an inferiority complex by attacking everything they can in a childish manner……

I recommend not going onto the SEC MBs….no real point to them……

:ou: :ou: :BV: :BV: :rice: :rice:
Thanks for the heads-up Z. I don't do much trafficking on other people's message boards, and don't care for it much when they jump into ours.
I have a lot of respect for Bama and Georgia. Not so much for LSU or Fla. The rest are just sort of there, I guess.
aka Crimson47
bowhuntr

Post by bowhuntr »

I haven't went to their boards but you should try an Arkie fan on for size. They are nuts.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

bowhuntr wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:50 am I haven't went to their boards but you should try an Arkie fan on for size. They are nuts.
I haven't been there yet, but I've read that Missouri fans have gone around the bend as well.....
aka Crimson47