I would like to see this

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
bowhuntr

I would like to see this

Post by bowhuntr »

TALSOONER

Post by TALSOONER »

As long as the connection is killed during active play. I'd hate to here the OC yelling at the QB, " Jim's open deep right," or "safety blitz, go left."
bowhuntr

Post by bowhuntr »

That is the way it should be. I think the NFL cuts the connection after so many seconds or when they go to the line.
EMan

Post by EMan »

bowhuntr wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:48 am That is the way it should be. I think the NFL cuts the connection after so many seconds or when they go to the line.
I believe the NFL shuts off communication with 15 secs left on the play clock. Might be wrong on that but that's what I remember.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Yeah...I remember something like that too....thought it was cut at 20 sec's but 15 sound about right too.
aka Crimson47
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

In the Utah/NW game, they never shut the communications down. The announcers were saying that the coach could tell the QB to watch out when they saw someone in the blind zone. I thought they even said that there were 2 helmets with speakers on the defensive side, which also didn't shut down during play. I already have too many voices in my head without the coach being in there....I'd get completely discombobulated if I were playing.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:55 am In the Utah/NW game, they never shut the communications down. The announcers were saying that the coach could tell the QB to watch out when they saw someone in the blind zone. I thought they even said that there were 2 helmets with speakers on the defensive side, which also didn't shut down during play. I already have too many voices in my head without the coach being in there....I'd get completely discombobulated if I were playing.
I may be in the minority, but I'd rather have a shut down time.....20 sec....15....10...pick one.
Part of the game is letting the QB mentally adjust and audible based on what he's seeing the defense do right now in the game. I would hate for that part of the game to disappear.
aka Crimson47
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

So I guess the next big question is when are we going to hire a cyber coach?
Fly

Post by Fly »

I,m with you fellow, if they go to that cut it short. On the other hand I thought it was fine the way it has always been. They just
can,t leave something alone that’s been working. Just me!

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: