Cayden Green to Enter Portal

Brisket

Cayden Green to Enter Portal

Post by Brisket »

All over Twitter. This one HURTS bigtime.

Speculation is several players may be doing stuff like this to "renegotiate" NIL deals after Bowman and Stutsman announcements.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Like Bob said no one is bigger than the program. If he leaves we will still have an o-line and a team.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Agreed waddy's ghost. However, this really makes my confidence in Bill Bedenbaugh take a larger hit. I already have grown accustomed to having no clue as to what our OL lineup is going to go look like because it seems like we play musical chairs for the first 5-6 games before settling in on any consistent line-up. Add to that each year it seems like it is always new faces. I just wish we could go back to the days where we had the same 5 players for like 2 years in a row. At least a girl can dream right???????
RussC

Post by RussC »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:19 pm Agreed waddy's ghost. However, this really makes my confidence in Bill Bedenbaugh take a larger hit. I already have grown accustomed to having no clue as to what our OL lineup is going to go look like because it seems like we play musical chairs for the first 5-6 games before settling in on any consistent line-up. Add to that each year it seems like it is always new faces. I just wish we could go back to the days where we had the same 5 players for like 2 years in a row. At least a girl can dream right???????
I know! It seems like BB has fared better with the less-heralded recruits than the top rated guys
#Mentally In Portal
JoeSooner

Post by JoeSooner »

Wow. Just scattershooting here, but I can see how BB might be too old school for the new generation. Could it also be a disagreement over playing Tackle vs Guard going forward? Kids (Some) today care more about their draft status than winning anything in college, so maybe he wants to play left tackle because that's where the money is. Odd timing for sure, like a contract holdout because he has all the leverage because they are so thin there right now.
I make big plays in big games, that's all.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

I don't know what to say.....

I feel like someone that's been sucker punched. Some of the worst Sooner news I've heard in a couple of years, actually.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Welcome to CFB in late 2023……..DG got probably $2 million which is more than he would get in the nfl, bowman and Stutsman got something IDK what….the true Frosh Olguy is in a slightly different position since he cant go nfl so all his leverage is just the portal but some teams would pay well for him….it is what it is…. Pay to play….he would benefit long term by being a Bedenbaugh trained OL guy going into The nfl first round but that may happen when he comes back later, but later we may not have a slot for him or later he may be second team it is a risk………….;;;;……………..…. :BV: :BV: :BV: :ou: :ou:
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Maybe Cayden is close to the Nwaneri kid, also from Lee's Summit, MO., who was convinced to commit to Mizzou . Perhaps this season's success Mizzou has had on the field has helped to make the Tigers more attractive for recruits. Well, those factors, to go along with the $$$ that are being handed out with increased gusto, today?
Shelstin

Post by Shelstin »

I don't want an OL coach who is a buddy with his kids. I want an old school guy that creates a little nasty up front, and that is what we are getting. I support BB 100%.
:ou:
RussC

Post by RussC »

Shelstin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:51 am I don't want an OL coach who is a buddy with his kids. I want an old school guy that creates a little nasty up front, and that is what we are getting. I support BB 100%.
:ou:
Me too. I’m glad we have him.
#Mentally In Portal
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...given the current O-line situation, Coach B is the man to fix it.
Glad he's @ OKLAHOMA. Glad Bob Stoops hired him.
I expect he'll get the very best out of the players he puts on the field in the Alamo Bowl.
Like some others have said, I get the feeling the favored Wildcats are in for a big surprise 28 DEC. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
paboomersooner

Post by paboomersooner »