Let's us start a new thread here on this issue of the Recruiting forum!

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
walt

Let's us start a new thread here on this issue of the Recruiting forum!

Post by walt »

Splitting the recruiting information from the OU Men's Sports forum is easy to fix. Separating the two forums we are discussing, the OU Men's Sports and Recruiting forums. It doesn't have to be done now. In a short time from now, the December signing date will be here, and that will end pretty quickly. The February signing period won't last long; usually, kids will sign soon, and those who don't will eventually sign. So, I think that from now until the end of the current recruiting cycle, there will be no reason to change how the recent recruiting forum works. So we don't have to split the two forums right now.

I am optimistic that OU_Tom can develop a way to create an additional Recruiting forum. Once this current recruiting cycle is over and done, all we will have to do is to separate the two forums. I am also positive that if keeping the recent recruiting forum is essential, I bet OU_Tom can find a way to archive it or stick it somewhere to keep it. I think that this would be okay.

If OU_Tom is willing to work this out, we would be in good shape.

I have read some comments by OU Guy suggesting it can't be done, and I know it can be done.

It would be good if OU Guy worked out methods to get away from all the duplicate tweets, etc. All those duplicates don't add to the new recruiting forum.

Some comments suggest separating the OU Men's Sports and recruiting forums would destroy the board. I don't believe that is the truth. I think separating the two forums will be much better for the board.

At least attempting to separate these two forums isn't going to kill this board.

I have confidence that Tom can work this out.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Why don't you just pin the recruiting forums by recruiting year to the top of this forum?
You already do this to the Softball Forum and it works really great. The recruiting info is always right at hand at the top of this page.
aka Crimson47
RussC

Post by RussC »

Maybe we could have a forum dedicated to discussing about forums.
#Mentally In Portal
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I think we are looking for a fix where there is not anything broken.
You shall not pass
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...maybe I'm mistaken, but hasn't OU Tom already addressed this? :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Gandalf Wrote: I think we are looking for a fix where there is not anything broken.......................It may not seem broken to you if you wanna just jump on ST and read retweets all day but Im a twitter member and follower also and I have read eveyrthing that is being posted by the time its posted.The whole conversation has gotten twisted" the original intent ;if you remember was NEW CONTENT"....................Thats it.Less C & P
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

In the short term it seems like our options are to
1) Do nothing
2) I could create a Recruiting/Portal subforum that is part of the Men's Sports Forum. We would put the current recruiting threads that are currently in the Men's Sport Forum into this new subform.

Option 2 would like something like this
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.36.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.36.53 PM.png (336.62 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
If you are interested in recruiting then you would click on the 'Recruiting/Portal Information' to get all of current recruiting stuff.

It seems like the long term solution (after National Letter of Intent Day) that we want to work towards moving the recruiting information back into the old Recruiting forums but we don't have to worry about that for now.
::rice2:: :dude:
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

WishBone wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:47 pm Gandalf Wrote: I think we are looking for a fix where there is not anything broken.......................It may not seem broken to you if you wanna just jump on ST and read retweets all day but Im a twitter member and follower also and I have read eveyrthing that is being posted by the time its posted.The whole conversation has gotten twisted" the original intent ;if you remember was NEW CONTENT"....................Thats it.Less C & P
So far I have seen by reviewing the two threads three people upset with the current situation of the board. From what else I have seen on these threads there are many others who like the current set up.

It appears from what I have viewed is a majority like it as is. Perhaps I am wrong, but it appears that I am accurate based on responses.
You shall not pass
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:04 pm
WishBone wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:47 pm Gandalf Wrote: I think we are looking for a fix where there is not anything broken.......................It may not seem broken to you if you wanna just jump on ST and read retweets all day but Im a twitter member and follower also and I have read eveyrthing that is being posted by the time its posted.The whole conversation has gotten twisted" the original intent ;if you remember was NEW CONTENT"....................Thats it.Less C & P
So far I have seen by reviewing the two threads three people upset with the current situation of the board. From what else I have seen on these threads there are many others who like the current set up.

It appears from what I have viewed is a majority like it as is. Perhaps I am wrong, but it appears that I am accurate based on responses.
Do a poll, Gand Man. ;) :dude:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Like I have tried to explain Mr Gandalf several Times " the original post was meant to enhance the board with more thorough content.Now if youre in the crowd that doesnt like to do anything as far a contribution of meaning content goes and are more content just being spoon fed recopied tweets time after time then yes you have an argument.We have heard from lot of folks ,Walt included who started the board was originally setup to operate the way that OUTom has directed it currently.Dont know if you noticed or cared but we have lost several valuable posters who contribute so much more valuable content than myself and many others on here.You may be fine with other posters leaving ST permenrntly but I kinda like some meaningful content sometime beside Tweets that have been C nd P'ed that I read earlier on Twitter.Now,if you will tell me :WTH is wrong with placing Recruiting Junk and Portal Stuff under its own thread?Ill wait!!!!!!!!!
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

WishBone wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:20 pm …. being spoon fed recopied tweets time after time then yes you have an argument.
The funny thing is you started a thread this evening with a copied tweet. The irony is thick.

https://soonertimes.com/viewtopic.php?t=6918
You shall not pass
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Youre Entitled to your opinion but if you rermember I said I C and P with the best of em.Once again the original intent has some how drifted over your head.....hint (better content).Look friend Lets put this to rest.Im done with ya.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

I say do nothing….but ban links to tweets have cut copy and paste only…..
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

it's already done!
Let's move on ST.

From my perspective, the content and number of members taking the time to weigh in bodes well for this MB.
Whether or not it continues...we'll see.

Always a long hot summer after the Spring Game.
Might be a little different this next year because of the new SEC membership...again we'll see.

Playing the Devil's advocate, (after being implicated as one of the 3 members upset and stirring up a sh*t storm.)
I think some here missed entirely the point of WishBone's OP.
Even if temporary, check it out...there's some good content being tossed out there.
I'm reading interesting posts from my peers heer who normally sit quietly in the bleachers.
So glad to see my buddy, 'hombre back in the saddle.

And I'm glad there were those who vocally opposed the minor changes being advocated and now adopted.
THANKS AGAIN OU TOM!!!
Grateful for your effort in providing an administrative decision that was as SE said, "a reasonable compromise."

(Would still like to see an increase in the available emoji's. I think sometimes it helps readers grasp the poster's feelings as they participate in this forum.

As I age, recruiting may become a bigger point of focus for me...and then maybe not too.

But, I for one absolutely love OU Tom's year by year breakdown of recruiting news.
Anything, everything I know about SOONER recruiting, I get it right here.
This makes it easy for me, when I'm inclined to consider the decision of a 19 or 20 yr old. about where he wants to play football, I can have a place to check.

The saddest part of what's happened to college football, IMO,...is that recruiting HS scholar-athletes has become secondary to the Transfer Portal for building/rebuilding a team roster.
There's something that almost seems obscene happening. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
K2C Sooner

Post by K2C Sooner »

OU Chinaman wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:16 pm
So glad to see my buddy, 'hombre back in the saddle.

Thats not what his wife says... :dude:
Last edited by K2C Sooner on Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[