Dillon Gabriel

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
StatesEye

Dillon Gabriel

Post by StatesEye »

No one with any sense of goodness can evaluate DG as anyone but someone they would want on their side where it REALLY MATTERS. He is a freaking ROCK!!!

I don't care where he goes. I want nothing but the best for DG.

This is a business, now. It's what everyone wanted whether they knew it or not.

Everyone leaving - as good as they are as football players - will be surpassed next year.

I don't like it.....it is what it is. I believe we are losing an innocence. We have 30-year olds living at home and asking these OUTSTANDING YOUNG MEN to make life-changing decisions.

"To whom much is given, much will be required". God bless them all.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

StatesEye wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 am No one with any sense of goodness can evaluate DG as anyone but someone they would want on their side where it REALLY MATTERS. He is a freaking ROCK!!!

I don't care where he goes. I want nothing but the best for DG.

This is a business, now. It's what everyone wanted whether they knew it or not.

Everyone leaving - as good as they are as football players - will be surpassed next year.

I don't like it.....it is what it is. I believe we are losing an innocence. We have 30-year olds living at home and asking these OUTSTANDING YOUNG MEN to make life-changing decisions.

"To whom much is given, much will be required". God bless them all.

...No one with any sense of goodness can evaluate DG as anyone but someone they would want On their side where it REALLY MATTERS.

Amen SE...Amen!!! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
captnop

Post by captnop »

I love DG, Like I said before he came to OU sight unseen!! For those that always found fault with DG, well I got news for you. Without him 22 was a 2-10 season. He played extremely well this year. The fact that it's Texas not OU in the playoff is NOT his fault. He's solid, he's professional, he sounds like a coach. The kid is nothing but class.
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

captnop wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:52 am I love DG, Like I said before he came to OU sight unseen!! For those that always found fault with DG, well I got news for you. Without him 22 was a 2-10 season. He played extremely well this year. The fact that it's Texas not OU in the playoff is NOT his fault. He's solid, he's professional, he sounds like a coach. The kid is nothing but class.
:deadhorse:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

On another thread here, there was a picture of Dillon with the letters "O" and "SC" as potential landings for his transfer. I was going to comment on that but apparently the thread is closed.
Anyway, I'll comment here and hope you remember the picture.
If it comes down to Oregon and S.Cal, as having the really big money to offer to Dillon, I really hope he is savvy enough to see through the issues at Riley's program. If he goes with Riley, he won't have the offensive line he will have at Oregon. We all saw Caleb running for his life this last season. I don't know if his O Line was just not good enough.....or if they just gave up toward the end of the season. In any case....Dillon is not Caleb....and he won't have the getaway prowess that CW has and could seriously get injured in the process.
aka Crimson47
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 am On another thread here, there was a picture of Dillon with the letters "O" and "SC" as potential landings for his transfer. I was going to comment on that but apparently the thread is closed.
Anyway, I'll comment here and hope you remember the picture.
If it comes down to Oregon and S.Cal, as having the really big money to offer to Dillon, I really hope he is savvy enough to see through the issues at Riley's program. If he goes with Riley, he won't have the offensive line he will have at Oregon. We all saw Caleb running for his life this last season. I don't know if his O Line was just not good enough.....or if they just gave up toward the end of the season. In any case....Dillon is not Caleb....and he won't have the getaway prowess that CW has and could seriously get injured in the process.
Latest I have seen is that DG is choosing between Oregon and tOSU. While SC may want him, there is no hint he is interested.
texsa sucks!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

That is good news to hear. I don't care where he lands, but I just hope it is with a team that has the big guys up front that can protect and give him support.
Get the bucks while you can and go out on a high note.
aka Crimson47
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Dillon to Ducks

Wish him the best unless we meet in pllayoffs! He saved our qb room when it was looking gloomy.

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Thank goodness, my fear was he was USC bound.
You shall not pass
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

All class, DG will never have to buy a beer in this city/region again. I truly geel he left to respect OU and allow transition. I’ll always believe that and hold him in high esteem.

SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

Good Luck Dillon Gabriel. You came to OU when we needed you and really made a difference in wins and leadership. Nothing but the best of luck and NIL to you
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

What a class act.
Best wishes for a successful and rewarding future for you D.G.
Happy Trails Man!
aka Crimson47
Fly

Post by Fly »

Two things I must say, God bless you young man. You will always be remembered one of the Sooner family. The other thing I have
always liked Oregon. I love there uniforms. I will be pulling for you ever game. :dillon:

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: