Dillon to transfer pool

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

WishBone wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:14 pm Questions to what....................why all the Gabriel Bashing earlier on ST?We get Got your point days ago!
Do you know how to quote or use that feature? I assime you are talking to me.

And what is your problem? Show me one post where I bashed Dillon. Just one. I discuss him and other key players/starters. But not one post is bashing him. Stop making stuff up. And man up too, if you have a beef with me PM me instead of grandstanding in front of the gallery.

I’ll be waiting for you to find one bash Dillon post. Just one. If not then stop chasing me looking for a problem. This is an outstanding board full of actual great discussion. No need to call out posters whatsoever. This board is drama free, until now. If you don’t like what I post then just move in and ignore it or PM me and lets discuss.

I post a lot of stuff, most is from beat writers and does not always mean I agree with it. But for example, I just posted an article that explains why Dillon is not going pro - he did not get a high enough grade. So he’s going to another program and like I suggested in another post within the past day - he is likely doing that out of respect for OU.

Please get past whatever your issue is. I have no beefs with you other than you makimg remarks about me. You did this in a gamethread late season too, and then stopped when I asked you what the problem was. Get over it, not worth stressing over nor causing problems. Until you move on I’ll just wait for your bashing proof.
In Brent I Trust :D
RussC

Post by RussC »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:05 pm This will help answer many questions.
Thanks for posting that. I appreciate it.
#Mentally In Portal
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:28 pm
WishBone wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:14 pm Questions to what....................why all the Gabriel Bashing earlier on ST?We get Got your point days ago!

And what is your problem? Show me one post where I bashed Dillon. Just one. I discuss him and other key players/starters. But not one post is bashing him. Stop making stuff up. And man up too, if you have a beef with me PM me instead of grandstanding in front of the gallery.

I’ll be waiting for you to find one bash Dillon post. Just one. If not then stop chasing me looking for a problem. This is an outstanding board full of actual great discussion. No need to call out posters whatsoever. This board is drama free, until now. If you don’t like what I post then just move in and ignore it or PM me and lets discuss.

I post a lot of stuff, most is from beat writers and does not always mean I agree with it. But for example, I just posted an article that explains why Dillon is not going pro - he did not get a high enough grade. So he’s going to another program and like I suggested in another post within the past day - he is likely doing that out of respect for OU.

Please get past whatever your issue is. I have no beefs with you other than you makimg remarks about me. You did this in a gamethread late season too, and then stopped when I asked you what the problem was. Get over it, not worth stressing over nor causing problems. Until you move on I’ll just wait for your bashing proof.

..."I'll just wait for your bashing proof.

Is that an open invitation?

May not be able to "Prove Iin your words a "negative post."
But I'm damn certain I can find some sentences and comments that isolated, are clearly bashing.
And more than just a few.

(Too bad, the Game threads from 2022 are gone...or convenient in some circumstances.)

But, here's what will happen.
You'll say it's taken out of context, or it's common knowledge or common opinion. :dude:

Dillon Gabriel is gone!
Some will remember him fondly...others not so much.

I say we focus on JA.
Give all this Gabriel talk a rest. I've made my peace with this.
It's moving past being wearying to now annoying.

But also, IMO, anyone singing his praises now, who did not during the last 2 seasons is trying to assuage a guilty conscience. (It rings hollow.) :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
White River

Post by White River »

Guys,
You don't have to agree with one another but the context of where this conversation is headed is rapidly becoming something that is unacceptable on this board. Basic observations and opinions about a Sooner player that are not flattering are not bashing a player. I've read every post on this board and I've yet to see a post bashing any Sooner player. You can defend a player as the greatest ever but someone whose opinion is different than yours is not player bashing. Calling another poster out because they disagree with you is not acceptable on this board. If you have something you consider inappropriate, note it, report it and we'll address it. Telling someone to stop posting because you don't agree with them is unacceptable. If you don't want to hear someone else's opinion, don't read their posts.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Chinaman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:07 pm
OU Guy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:28 pm

..."I'll just wait for your bashing proof.

Is that an open invitation?

May not be able to "Prove Iin your words a "negative post."
But I'm damn certain I can find some sentences and comments that isolated, are clearly bashing.
And more than just a few.

(Too bad, the Game threads from 2022 are gone...or convenient in some circumstances.)

But, here's what will happen.
You'll say it's taken out of context, or it's common knowledge or common opinion. :dude:

Dillon Gabriel is gone!
Some will remember him fondly...others not so much.

I say we focus on JA.
Give all this Gabriel talk a rest. I've made my peace with this.
It's moving past being wearying to now annoying.

But also, IMO, anyone singing his praises now, who did not during the last 2 seasons is trying to assuage a guilty conscience. (It rings hollow.) :cool:

You can’t because it doesn’t exist. Its a figment of your imagination. I could say you were bashing Jackson Arnold if I took a recent post of yours out of context, but I don’t do that. See how thos works.

There is no post of me bashing Dillon. In gamethreads everyone makes comments after a bad play for example after our kicker missed a FG every poster made jokes about him. Did they hate or bash him? I don’t take it that way because its all in the flow of the gamethread. Everyone is reacting to a key play. That is normal and in every fanbase gamethreads. If ai went back to any gamethread I bet every poster has said some heat of moment things. Every poster!

But wishbone said I did this in the past day and I will wait for him to prove it or shut up forever about it and move on.

This needs to be put to bed and you adding fuel to fire is not helpful. I challenged him not you so there was no need for you to interject more drama into this. Again, PM if have a problem. I am only replying publically to counter your public post.
In Brent I Trust :D
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

I just want to provide a friendly reminder.....

There shall be no d!(K throwdowns on ST.

Arguments about DG are fair game. Pissing contests on who said (wrote) what, where and when will not be tolerated by me as long as I can moderate.

Capisci?
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

White River wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:20 pm Guys,
You don't have to agree with one another but the context of where this conversation is headed is rapidly becoming something that is unacceptable on this board. Basic observations and opinions about a Sooner player that are not flattering are not bashing a player. I've read every post on this board and I've yet to see a post bashing any Sooner player. You can defend a player as the greatest ever but someone whose opinion is different than yours is not player bashing. Calling another poster out because they disagree with you is not acceptable on this board. If you have something you consider inappropriate, note it, report it and we'll address it. Telling someone to stop posting because you don't agree with them is unacceptable. If you don't want to hear someone else's opinion, don't read their posts.

...I DID NOT TELL ANYONE TO STOP POSTING!
I suggested we (all of us) give the DG posts a rest and focus on Jackson Arnold.
Disagreements have always been part of the discussion on this board.
Always will be. It's an open forum, right?

WR, pretty sure I've never said "DG is the greatest player ever."

Pehaps your idea of "player bashing" is different than mine?

"Calling another poster out because they disagree with you is not acceptable on this board."

If there's disagreement, the discussion is LIKELY to get heated.
But, IMO, I haven't called out any ST member over this DG nonsense. When I call someone out, there's little doubt about it.
And don't view anyone else as calling me out either.
Just heartfelt disagreement.

Frankly WR, I don't want or need you, or anybody else, lecturing me on what is acceptable or inappropriate.
My posts are as valid as anyone else's. If you view them as "calling another poster out" that's your perogative.

In my view, the problem here becomes when someone takes themselves a little too seriously.
There are a few here @ ST who wear their feelings on their sleeve.
Recipe for hurt and hard feelings.

But certainly I agree this has gone on long enough.
Consider it my last word on this matter! :

(This has made me consider who I will engage with on ST, moving forward.
That can be good for everyone.) :cool:

WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Agreed?
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?