Dillon Gabriel Poll

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports

What will Dillon Gabriel chose to do?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Stay in Norman and complete his final year of eligibility.
8%
Declare for the NFL draft and prepare for the combine.
65%
Declare for the transfer portal and finish his college career elsewhere.
27%

Total votes: 37

waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Basically I hope for the best for DG....aywhere but here . It may sound harsh but I am ready for the JFA era to begin .
walt

Post by walt »

He needs to declare for the NLF draft as another year at OU or elsewhere is to much of a risk, assuming he wants to make some money. He grew up this year and thinks he will get a good chance.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
Fly

Post by Fly »

Question, who will be JA back up if Dillon leaves?

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Why would he Leave? Injurries? They can happen at any school.He wont draft high so its in his best interest to stay and play one more year at OU assuming he starts.If he goes elsewhere He wont be showcased like OU forst year in SEC.I think winning Pct's are greater in inaugural year of SEC play iwth DG.Red Shirt Freshman starter in SEC all year .....
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

The most popular player on any team is the back up QB. It is the greener pastures syndrome…..try to get past this…

:BV: :ou: :dillon:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Welp, answers that question. My guess is Miss St. wish him nothing but the best

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

White River

Post by White River »

I appreciate all he did for the Sooners. Wishing him the best! Time for the Sooner offense to start working on their future as well.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Well he didn’t read the survey

Wonder where he ends up , probably somewhere in Mississippi

This is why the odds flipped on our bowl game
Last edited by Zgeo on Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Lets not forget there is a ton of money to be made in portal with bidding wars for free agents, I mean college players. We will see Jackson on the bowl game, buckle up its his time now. Gratefull for Dillon saving us a bad situation with LiaR leaving. I do hope he does not go to uscw though

White River

Post by White River »

The Alamo Bowl just got more interesting. A big performance by the Sooner's offense will generate a lot of buzz for the future. A bad offensive performance will make for a long offseason of message board trolling. :D
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...Dillon's gone.
You got your wish, SOONER Fans!
Now, we can be friends again. :cool:

(It'll be fun (for me anyway) to see if JA is held to the same standards Gabriel was.)

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Last edited by OU Chinaman on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

A bit late to vote but portal IS what I thought best for DG. He won't get drafted high. It would be hard to make a roster and the taxi squad only pays about 200k IF you are active all 16 weeks.

With all the talk about huge NIL deals, I expect him to find an offer of 1M+ somewhere. Lebby will probably tell MSU that they need to pony up to help jumpstart his offense just like OU. There are several other schools that could use immediate help at QB rather than on-the-job training a new one.
texsa sucks!
Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

I wish him all the best. In today's world of kids who are just chasing fame and $ he seems to be someone with solid character. The world needs more young uns like that.
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

Well, for purely selfish purposes, I was hoping he would stay, but I agree with others that this is probably best for him. More likely to get a payday from NIL at another school than from the NFL.

OU could probably match most offers if they wanted to, or if that was the issue. It would be interesting to know what conversations he had behind closed doors with Brent and Seth and Joe Jon regarding what next year would look like had he stayed. I think he would have had to compete with JA for the starting spot. And it's possible coaches might think JA is a better fit for Seth's flavor of the offense, who knows?

I know Dillon coming to OU bailed us out when we were in a tough spot. If not for him, we might have lost a LOT more games these past two seasons, and the recruiting might have gone a lot worse as a result. He may not have been a Heisman winner, but he was (is) a really, really good college QB, and I'll always appreciate what he's done for OU.
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
RussC

Post by RussC »

Triple Option wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:35 am Well, for purely selfish purposes, I was hoping he would stay, but I agree with others that this is probably best for him. More likely to get a payday from NIL at another school than from the NFL.

OU could probably match most offers if they wanted to, or if that was the issue. It would be interesting to know what conversations he had behind closed doors with Brent and Seth and Joe Jon regarding what next year would look like had he stayed. I think he would have had to compete with JA for the starting spot. And it's possible coaches might think JA is a better fit for Seth's flavor of the offense, who knows?

I know Dillon coming to OU bailed us out when we were in a tough spot. If not for him, we might have lost a LOT more games these past two seasons, and the recruiting might have gone a lot worse as a result. He may not have been a Heisman winner, but he was (is) a really, really good college QB, and I'll always appreciate what he's done for OU.
Regarding QB spring practice competitions between a multi-year starter and a newcomer, I’ve always wondered how often the newcomer really gets a fair shot. There is no opportunity during spring to prove oneself in game situations.
#Mentally In Portal