I'm excited about Brent's new offensive group.

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
walt

I'm excited about Brent's new offensive group.

Post by walt »

I've been reading a lot about Brent's new offensive group. I'm excited about the combination of Seth, Joe John, and Bill Bedenbaugh. You go back a few years, and I wondered if Bidenbaugh and Riley were always on the same side. Seth, Joe, and Bill share a lot in their personalities. This set of coaches is stable and steady and will work smoothly together. Seth and Bill are best of friends and have been for some time. From what I have seen out of Finley, he fits perfectly with Seth and Bedenbaugh.

I liked the way Stoops and his OCs liked using Fullbacks in their offense. I'm unsure if Finley was a coach at OU during the Fullback days. He was a TE, and maybe he played some FB time. I would love to see OU bring back the fullbacks as they caught passes, ran the ball, and effectively cleared out the trash blocking for half-backs and wide receivers.

Back in the days of Bob's first years, I thought there were some issues between Mangino and the QB coach. Mangino was a great OL coach, but his personality was too tough on his players. I sometimes wondered whether Mangino and Schmidt got along well. Speaking of Mangino being too harsh on his players cost him his head coach at Kansas. In the early days of Stoops, Mangino would bring three or four OL players, and then he and Schmidty would run them off in a couple of weeks. Once Mangino left OU running off, OL recruits fell off quite a bit.

Ok, I won't bore any longer :surrender:
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I'm excited to see the direction OU takes offensively.
Get our first peek in Bowl Game with the mildcats.

I'm always optimistic about new hires.
Believe it will be BETTER, but the chinamen expect better than just leading the vacated Big 12.
If it isn't improved... :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Fly

Post by Fly »

Yes I have wondered about those things also. That’s what kind of concerned me with a two coach OC system when it was announced.
We shall see, it may be a great thing. There is two ways to look at this. First two heads are better than one. That can work until
you run into a ego problem, if you get my drift. All I know is I hope & pray this works out. I don,t know ether of those two. None of
us are on the inside of what goes on up there. We are just a bunch of uninformed fans making guesses about the workings of what’s
going on there. We shall see. I know they will work to make the program run like a well tuned clock. I just hope personality don’t get in
the way. You all have seen what I have in the work place. That’s my only concern, but then I,m a worry wort at times!🙄

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: