TCU is not going to just roll over and play dead

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
TropicalSooner

TCU is not going to just roll over and play dead

Post by TropicalSooner »

Yes, they've been a little schitzo this season. Losing to Colorado when they shouldn't have. Mysteriously losing to W VA and Iowa St when we soundly trounced them.
But you can't really tell a book by it's cover.
In the horny toads defense, against other common opponents, the soundly beat SMU 34-17 (we were 28-11), pounded BYU 44-11 (we struggled to a 31-24 win), and also dam near pulled off an upset over Texas losing in the final minutes 26-29.
The common theme here?
The Frogs have an offense. It may sputter on occasion, but it's there. After sleeping for the most of the game against Texas, it roared back in the 4th quarter to out score Texas 20-3, with those 3 texas points being the difference in the game.
They are averaging 461 yds offense and 30 pts per game (152 rushing/ 309 passing). They will be able to move the ball.
They also give up yardage and points a game as well....but if our offense struggles for any reason then I don't look forward to our defense having a long day---that outcome might not be pretty.
I've got to stop listening to Teddy and Gabe. They are such an incredible source of knowledge and can really get into the weeds of the game. But when I hear them talk about how we should be able to run through someone's defense (Kansas) or take advantage of someone else's really weak defense (UCF) or be able to just throw the ball all over the place because they've very thin at safety and using walk ons for safety's (BYU) and then our offense goes out and lays an egg or just plain struggle to on the field....I just get this really uneasy queasiness in my stomach.
TCU has a pulse. And they are desperate to get a win to be bowl eligible. We're supposed be able to control this game and we should be able to score a lot of points.
I just hope we score more points than they do so this awful feeling in my stomach goes away.

OU 42
TCU 38
aka Crimson47
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

I dont think they've rolled over and played Dead for a few years now..............CFP last year.
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Exactly.....although they are 5-6 so far this year.
aka Crimson47
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:55 pm Exactly.....although they are 5-6 so far this year.
That means they NEED one more win to go bowling....and this is the last chance to get it! So you know they are going to pull out all the stops....plus they know the Sooners will be trying to get even for last year. I think they will show up Friday ready for a fight!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

AllSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:26 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:55 pm Exactly.....although they are 5-6 so far this year.
That means they NEED one more win to go bowling....and this is the last chance to get it! So you know they are going to pull out all the stops....plus they know the Sooners will be trying to get even for last year. I think they will show up Friday ready for a fight!
We ran into a team last week that needs one more win to be able to go to a bowl game and they gave us all we wanted. I fully expect the horny toads to come to town looking to start a bar fight.

Speaking of needing one more win to go bowling.......the Cougers showed everyone their level of desperation last week and I wonder if that ramps up for them even more on Saturday in stoolwater!
aka Crimson47
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:37 pm
We ran into a team last week that needs one more win to be able to go to a bowl game and they gave us all we wanted. I fully expect the horny toads to come to town looking to start a bar fight.

Speaking of needing one more win to go bowling.......the Cougers showed everyone their level of desperation last week and I wonder if that ramps up for them even more on Saturday in stoolwater!
Got my finners crossed!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Have we heard if we get Gentry Williams and Peyton Bowen back this week?
aka Crimson47
SD-OU

Post by SD-OU »

AllSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Got my finners crossed!
Unfortunately they don’t have the home field and altitude advantage. Hope the Pokes play like they did against UCF.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Got my finners crossed!
You all have more faith in BYU than I do. I expect the aggies to win by at least 25 pts.
If BYU does by some miracle pull it off, I will gladly come back and eat crow.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

soonerindallas wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:18 pm

Got my finners crossed!
You all have more faith in BYU than I do. I expect the aggies to win by at least 25 pts.
If BYU does by some miracle pull it off, I will gladly come back and eat crow.
You won't have to eat crow for me....I never predicted a BYU win. I was just "hoping" they would win.....that's what crossed finners are....HOPE!
Just like every time I pull the handle of slot machine......I cross my finners.
pippen

Post by pippen »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:44 pm I've got to stop listening to Teddy and Gabe. They are such an incredible source of knowledge and can really get into the weeds of the game. But when I hear them talk about how we should be able to run through someone's defense (Kansas) or take advantage of someone else's really weak defense (UCF) or be able to just throw the ball all over the place because they've very thin at safety and using walk ons for safety's (BYU) and then our offense goes out and lays an egg or just plain struggle to on the field....I just get this really uneasy queasiness in my stomach.
Spot on TS, though I believe they said we should easily handle the Aggie defense too. On the bright side, this is a home game - though so was UCF. I still think there was something not kosher about the play-calling in that game.
Fly

Post by Fly »

You can not take any game for granted any more. I want this game for Drake Stoops more than any reason. I hope our players
are thinking about that, & play like the champions I believe they have inside them. You know Stoops will give it his all. He deserves
it.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Frogs want to win another to qualify for a bowl game, they will be desperate……

No mistakes on penalties and win from the start dont mess around with experimental plays, this is the end of the season….just go straight ahead…

Score a td every possession. Each failed possession just opens the door for the frogs…

:dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :BV: :ou: :ou:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

SD-OU wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:50 pm

Got my finners crossed!
Unfortunately they don’t have the home field and altitude advantage. Hope the Pokes play like they did against UCF.
Just listened to the wx forcast for the weekend and it looks cool and dry for the Sooners but a cold rain on tap for Stillwater. BYU should feel right at home with that forecast--replicates exactly what they had at home last weekend. Go Cougs!
aka Crimson47