OU vs Kansas Leadup Talk

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
EMan

Post by EMan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Gandalf wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:53 pm I might have missed it but is the worrisome QB for Kansas out or in for this game? Or is it one of those "we don't know" scenarios?
It's been reported Bean will be the starter. Sounds like Daniels won't play, but who knows if things start to go sideways for KU.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
RussC

Post by RussC »

EMan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm
Gandalf wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:53 pm I might have missed it but is the worrisome QB for Kansas out or in for this game? Or is it one of those "we don't know" scenarios?
It's been reported Bean will be the starter. Sounds like Daniels won't play, but who knows if things start to go sideways for KU.
Bean is more worrisome than Jalon Daniels at this point. He’d be rusty.
#Mentally In Portal
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Beam had 5 TDs versus Okie st last week. Bean is their de facto #1 QB at this point
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Game weather

Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

"REMEMBER THE ICE BOWL"

Well not quite, but close... :dude:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

To me, the Kansas offense has a pulse. It has been said that their defense is seriously lacking especially against the run. That may turn out to be....however the week before we played UCF, Kansas ran all over them 51-22 and we were then told that UCF had no defense, and we then proceeded to struggle to put up 31 points to win a heart-stopper. If UCF put up 29 on our defense, Kansas is going to put up more, so we better figure out a way to run the ball against a "bad" defense. With the cold wet weather being an additional challenge, especially to our passing game, we really really need a running game. Figure it out. Having Walker out last week came within a hairsbreadth of costing us the game. This week, I don't think it matters whether we have Barnes / Sawchuck, or Sawchuck / Walker, or whatever combination, but find one that works.
I'm counting on our defense to make enough stops to give our offense two or three extra possessions to get and hopefully keep a one or two possession lead. So I'm hoping for something like a 42-33 win.
But Kansas is used to this kind of weather and we're not.

I have an admission to make. Before the year started, I was really skeptical about how this team would perform this season. I have been really disillusioned and heartbroken over the last three years' performances so I had hopes--but sadly, no real expectations. We won a couple of games. Then a couple more. And then we beat Texas, of all teams. That's when I drank the Kool-Aid, all over again.
I don't know how we are going to finish out the year, but Kansas is going to be a really hard offense to defend from all I've heard and read, and I guess this is where our defense will make a stand for the season. If we are able to hold the Kansas offense at bay, regardless of who's the quarterback, then I think we can defend the rest of the conference teams we'll meet going forward.

I hope we go 1-0 this week.

Boomer!
aka Crimson47
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:06 pm To me, the Kansas offense has a pulse. It has been said that their defense is seriously lacking especially against the run. That may turn out to be....however the week before we played UCF, Kansas ran all over them 51-22 and we were then told that UCF had no defense, and we then proceeded to struggle to put up 31 points to win a heart-stopper. If UCF put up 29 on our defense, Kansas is going to put up more, so we better figure out a way to run the ball against a "bad" defense. With the cold wet weather being an additional challenge, especially to our passing game, we really really need a running game. Figure it out. Having Walker out last week came within a hairsbreadth of costing us the game. This week, I don't think it matters whether we have Barnes / Sawchuck, or Sawchuck / Walker, or whatever combination, but find one that works.
I'm counting on our defense to make enough stops to give our offense two or three extra possessions to get and hopefully keep a one or two possession lead. So I'm hoping for something like a 42-33 win.

I have an admission to make. Before the year started, I was really skeptical about how this team would perform this season. I have been really disillusioned and heartbroken over the last three years' performances so I had hopes--but sadly, no real expectations. We won a couple of games. Then a couple more. And then we beat Texas, of all teams. That's when I drank the Kool-Aid, all over again.
I don't know how we are going to finish out the year, but Kansas is going to be a really hard offense to defend from all I've heard and read, and I guess this is where our defense will make a stand for the season. If we are able to hold the Kansas offense at bay, regardless of who's the quarterback, then I think we can defend the rest of the conference teams we'll meet going forward.

Boomer!
Apparently the KU stadium does not block the wind, so even with 11 mph the gusts which could be twice that may affect the passing game. We do need a good run game and mistake free defense. Looking to go 1-0 this week OU by12

:ou: :BV: :rice:
RussC

Post by RussC »

OU Guy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:09 pm
Let’s see him!
#Mentally In Portal
UtahSooner83

Post by UtahSooner83 »

Oklahombre wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:12 pm "REMEMBER THE ICE BOWL"

Well not quite, but close... :dude:
I was there in 85! Felt much just to arrive there alive, with all the ice on the roads.
UtahSooner83

Post by UtahSooner83 »

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:06 pm To me, the Kansas offense has a pulse. It has been said that their defense is seriously lacking especially against the run. That may turn out to be....however the week before we played UCF, Kansas ran all over them 51-22 and we were then told that UCF had no defense, and we then proceeded to struggle to put up 31 points to win a heart-stopper. If UCF put up 29 on our defense, Kansas is going to put up more, so we better figure out a way to run the ball against a "bad" defense. With the cold wet weather being an additional challenge, especially to our passing game, we really really need a running game. Figure it out. Having Walker out last week came within a hairsbreadth of costing us the game. This week, I don't think it matters whether we have Barnes / Sawchuck, or Sawchuck / Walker, or whatever combination, but find one that works.

Boomer!

I’m not so sure about them being so used to the weather. I’m now in Omaha, and just today it started getting really cold this fall.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Fair enough. I stand corrected.
Maybe it will be a more even game with the weather then.
aka Crimson47
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

6 pages. Kansas has come a long way of late.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Rough Rider wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 pm 6 pages. Kansas has come a long way of late.
Ain’t skeered
You shall not pass