OU Fall Ball Softball vs Seminole JUCO - If the weather permits

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

OU Fall Ball Softball vs Seminole JUCO - If the weather permits

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Sooner Softball team plays their second non-Battle Series game tonight against Seminole JUCO starting at 6 PM as long as the chance of rain does not ruin the plans for the game. It looks like there is a chance for rain all day, minimal, but a chance.

If the game is played tonight, Seminole always brings a good JUCO team to Norman and they do not concede play to the Sooners. It iwll be a much better contest than the NCTC game.

Like all of you Sooner fans, I will be interested to see the lineup at 2B, SS and 3B. Will it be:

Brito at 3B, Jennings at SS and Lilio at 2B
Torres at 3B, Brito at SS and Jennings at 2B
Brito at 3B, Hodge at SS and Jennings at 2B

I think Parker will be at first base to start even if Sanders is able to play tonight. Sanders might get the start at DP though if she can hit and play.

I will be interested to see if Pickering is in LF and Boone is in RF again. I have thought about this. I have commented that I think Pickering's arm is slightly better than Boone's and therefore it seems to me that Pickering would be better in RF. But I have had a thought the last couple of days, that maybe the alignment is due to were their glove side is with Pickering ad Boone. With Pickering in LF and Boone in RF, both of their gloves are on the gap side of the field, meaning to wards LC and RC respectively. This allows both Pickering and Boone to make more plays in the gaps than down the lines, at least in theory. I guess I have always thought a foul like side glove was better, but there must be a reason for the LF/RF alignment. I am just trying to figure out what I am missing. After all, the Sooner coaches are 99.995% always right. (There was that one bunt attempt given to Alo, ha!)

The batting order last time against NCTC was:

Coleman CF
Brito SS`
Hansen C
Jennings 2B
Parker 1B
Pickering LF
Lilio DP
Torres 3B
Boone RF
Deal in the circle LHP

If anyone had that lineup written down prior to the game, I salute you with a long salute. The first seven hitters are hitting the ball well so far this fall.

I might go with this batting order tonight:

Coleman CF
Jennings 2B
Hansen C
Pickering LF
Brito 3B
Parker 1B
Lilio DP
Hodge SS
Boone RF
Maybe Maxwell in the circle tonight.

I think the games tonight will be two 5 inning games if the normal plan is followed for the fall. I think all five Sooners pitch tonight. I think that it is important for Deal to have a good outing tonight against Seminole JUCO with no EBH.

I think Jennings moves to SS to start the 2nd game with Lilio at 2B. Then in mid game, Brito moves to SS with Jennings moving back to 2B and Torres replacing Lilio and playing 3B. I think Ludlam starts the 2nd game behind the plate with Hansen at 1B and Parker at DP. Coor will start somewhere in the outfield with Coleman or Boone sitting to start the game. Deal could get the start in Game 2 in the circle.

I will be watching to see if Sanders and or McEnroe-Marinas participate in drills and warmup tonight and if Bland is in the stadium.

Just random thoughts.

First pitch is a 6 PM.

Boomer Sooner!
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

Is there ANY TV of this? None for that last Monday Massacre.
texsa sucks!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I do not think there is any TV or radio.....
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I wonder if we will see Nelly Mac in a limited DP role again tonight? Surely Coach Flores wouldn't have any objection to Boone running for her again---or Coor, or Hodge, etc.

Your lineup makes sense to me.

Would like to see Deal in a more dominate role tonight.

Flores always fields a really good team--they are well coached and play hard. They are not NCTC.

Edit:

I'm actually more worried about rain on Wednesday. I think we will be ok for this evening.
aka Crimson47
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:21 am I do not think there is any TV or radio.....
Disappointing. Last year this was televised. What's changed in OU media land?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think they are worried about attendance. Not one game so far has been full in the outfield and they do not even have the 1B and 3B bleachers up. I would say the attendance is down. ESPN+ has to have something to do with that, right?
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

The Far Journey wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:31 pm
OUBeliever56A wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:21 am I do not think there is any TV or radio.....
Football coaches show moved from Thursday to Monday. Those are streamed on ESPN+ between 6 and 8.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Since it was not a Battle Series game, the last Monday game with NCTC was available on LiveStats. I presume that will also be the case tonight. It can be followed that way.
And also, somehow, there always seems to be a Game Thread for games like this....
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

oufanforever wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:39 pm
Football coaches show moved from Thursday to Monday. Those are streamed on ESPN+ between 6 and 8.
OUFF....I know last week was a last minute decision for you, but do you have any idea yet if you might be going to tonights game?
aka Crimson47
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:57 pm
oufanforever wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:39 pm

OUFF....I know last week was a last minute decision for you, but do you have any idea yet if you might be going to tonights game?
I won't be going this week. Work stuff needs to be done.
White River

Post by White River »

If they do Livestats I'll do a game thread from that feed. It's not always accurate but it beats nothing. Right now there is no Livestats link showing so that may not be an option.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

fingers crossed for you WR.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I will report on the game tomorrow morning.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

20231023_172009.jpg
20231023_172009.jpg (647.46 KiB) Viewed 676 times
White River

Post by White River »

It appears that the Sooner's aren't doing Livestats for this game. I saw somewhere where Seminole State has a facebook page and that they were going to give stats on their Facebook page. I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not going to sign up for this game but if someone already has an account they might want to look into it.