Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Bottom post of the previous page:

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:12 am
White River wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:04 pm Team 1 Batting

Maxwell out to pitch
Looks like K9 catching

Coor leads off the batting, she grounds to Hodge at SS who makes an errant throw to 1st, Coor heads to 2nd but is thrown out there as Hodge makes the tag (I think Parker was playing 1st but they did a good job of getting to the ball and making the throw to get the out)
Brito HOMERS TO CF and gives Team 1 their 1st score
First of all, thank you White River very much for taking the time to do a pxp for the first Battle Series game. It is really well done and very helpful.
This post reflects an error by Hodge on her throw to first. Wondering how many other defensive errors there were? Was the triple that K9 hit past Bland scored an error on Bland? Also, what about the mis-played fly ball when Bland was at 2nd that RF should have caught....was that an error on Bland also, or scored a single? Were there any other defensive errors that I missed?
Thanks again so much for taking the time and trouble to do the Game Thread.
IMO, the only clear error was Hodge's throw to 1B. Bland dove for a ball she should not have, but I don't think it is an ordinary effort play and should not be an error. Same with she running back into RF for the Torres flyball. Needed better communication there and let the RF have it. The last two are more mental errors than physical errors.
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

I hope Sooner Sports will post a highlight reel of the Battle Series game.

No panic: Are we banged up a little more than was known before? Sanders held out? Lilio held out? M&M not 100%? Keeney out for three months or so?
Glad to see Coor back in action! I sense these 'injured' players will all heal up and be ready to go soon. It made me realize how fast injury can change things, and why a deep bench is such a luxury.

One of my hopes was to see the freshmen play along with Deal and Geurin. Sounds like they all did well! Happy!
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

When she dove for the ball and it got past her, it was still going to be a hit. Scorekeepers will give that a triple. Coaches call it a single with a 2 base error. The error was letting the ball get past her. If it's right-center field, you know the centerfielder will be there, so it's worth the dive. Where she was, she didn't have immediate backup.
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

Yep, the freshmen looked the part last night. They have speed, agility, and carry big bats. Right now, Parker is the only one who looks ready for prime time on defense. The others will correct their fielding mistakes, contribute this year, and be ready next year after the greatest class in college softball history departs, to keep the tradition of world class play going. Of this, I now have no doubt.
White River

Post by White River »

Updated with the Twitter clips. I was having trouble with X last night. Maybe I've got it figured out.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

White River wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:29 pm Updated with the Twitter clips. I was having trouble with X last night. Maybe I've got it figured out.
Very nice job - White River!