Gameday! Fall Ball Battle Series Begins Tonight!!

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Gameday! Fall Ball Battle Series Begins Tonight!!

Post by TropicalSooner »

Finally! Thought it would never get here.
Weather looks good: Fair & Sunny--Wind S 20-30 Temp in the 80's Here.....we.....go!

What would be fun for you?
We hve 15 position players and 6 pitchers on our roster for this season. Nearly two full teams to square off. And we have seen May for 3 years now....so she actually could be farmed out to 1B which I believe she has played in games before, or maybe RF but not sure if she's played there or not. That would give us two full teams--albeit an injury or two might slow things down--don't know how recovery is going but guess we'll find out tonight.

Anything in particular you would like to see tonight? Any lineups you would like to see?

I'm just ready to see everyone take the field and play some softball!!!

Boomer!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

What we might see is 3 groups of 5 players (if McEnroe-Marianas can hit and maybe play). While one group of five players bat, the other two groups fill the field positions (8).
Probably each group of five gets to bat twice for an inning (10 at bats). With probably 5 pitchers as Keeney might not pitch, the pitchers would pitch to 5 batters each in a rotating fashion.

The groups of five players could be:
Group A: - They face Maxwell and Monticelli / Deal and May / Geurin and Deal
Hansen C
Parker 1B/OF
Boone OF
Jennings INF
Coor OF

Group B: - They face Deal and May / Maxwell and Geurin / Monticelli and Geurin
Ludlam C/1B/UT
Sanders INF
Bland OF/INF
Pickering OF
Hodge INF/OF

Group C: - They face Geurin and Monticelli / Deal and May / Maxwell and Monticelli
Torres INF/C
Coleman OF
Brito INF
Lilio INF/OF
McEnroe-Marinas (maybe hitting only) INF

That equals a nine inning game so to speak.

Just a guess based off of what has been done in the BATL Series the last two years.
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

I know these are shown on e s pee in plus (which I have), but they are only live on there. I have Wed obligations and cannot watch live.

Does ANYONE know of a source that has this game (these games) on a recorded basis? Will the OU site carry them a few days later like they do the two shows from Rudy's?
texsa sucks!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

cushcreekmont wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:30 am I know these are shown on e s pee in plus (which I have), but they are only live on there. I have Wed obligations and cannot watch live.

Does ANYONE know of a source that has this game (these games) on a recorded basis? Will the OU site carry them a few days later like they do the two shows from Rudy's?
I think that if you log in to your ESPN+ account and then go all the way down to the SoonerVision programs, that all of those programs can be seen live or after the event is completed on a as-needed basis. You should be able to see the BATL Series games there the next day or later tonight. I know I have been able to do that before.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

White River

Post by White River »

My intent is to do a game thread tonight. It can be tough in the Battle Series with multiple teams and all the substitutions but I'll do what I can.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Awesome---
Thanks!!
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Plank said earlier that he thought DJ and Destiny were going to do the pxp but not on radio but the Varsity App. Is that some app on your phone?
aka Crimson47
White River

Post by White River »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:21 pm Plank said earlier that he thought DJ and Destiny were going to do the pxp but not on radio but the Varsity App. Is that some app on your phone?
Yes, it's a free phone app. It's how I get Sooner football broadcasts here amongst the hillbillies.
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

1.) I'd like to see Geurin and Deal get a bunch of pitches.
2.) Pickering and Parker get a bunch of swings.
3.) A thorough try-out for SS (over several series, not just one).
4.) A capacity crowd that is loud and rowdy....big energy.
5.) See a loose and joyful Patty Gasso smiling and clapping and over the moon.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I’m most looking forward to seeing the new players - the frosh and transfers. And, not “new”, but the bench players that didn’t get a lot of game time.

I’m also eager to see where the infielders play - 2nd, SS and 3rd.

I’m sure Coach will play around with a number of variations on the line-up. But, we’ll get a glimpse of her thought process.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

White River wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:43 pm My intent is to do a game thread tonight. It can be tough in the Battle Series with multiple teams and all the substitutions but I'll do what I can.
I'll be following along WhiteRiver - thank you :)

I'm super excited to see what all the new additions look like! :ou:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

TN Sooner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:15 pm I’m most looking forward to seeing the new players - the frosh and transfers. And, not “new”, but the bench players that didn’t get a lot of game time.

I’m also eager to see where the infielders play - 2nd, SS and 3rd.

I’m sure Coach will play around with a number of variations on the line-up. But, we’ll get a glimpse of her thought process.
I'm with you here. We know what the starters can do but have the bench players improved enough to get significant playing time? Is Coor back to good health, able to leap up to catch fly balls and find her bat? What about Lilio? Will she be able to squeeze in somewhere?

SS is of course the big Question mark, but where are we in the outfield also? SS has a bearing on both 2nd and especially 3rd, which leads to possibly RF as well. Does Pickering take an OF spot away from Boone? Yikes! Parker?

And how in the world does Maxwell look? Monticelli? Geurin? Deal?

So many possibilities to sort out and we only begin to go down that road as fans tonight.

Looking forward to everyone posting all of their thoughts, observations, and conclusions after every Fall Ball game this year.

Boomer!!
aka Crimson47
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

reference the varsity app, is it just called varsity, or something after that.
White River

Post by White River »

ousbfan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:13 pm reference the varsity app, is it just called varsity, or something after that.
The Varsity Network