National Media on OU v. Stinkin

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
walt

Post by walt »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I sure won't ever be critical of any OU fan who refuses to let go of Riley, as so many people have let their feelings off the guy. I've seen many posts suggesting that Lincoln Riley isn't a great Head Coach but a very good offensive coordinator, and I believe that is the best way to think of Riley. Riley's hiring of Grench was a good hire, I was one of them but got off of Grinch quickly. His defense just didn't look good on the turf during the games. The combination of Riley and Grinch is not a good combination.

I have a sentence that follows my every post ... I will take it down as I think we OU fans need to let it go. We just need to let us all know that Riley's ways of leaving OU were about as unethical as we know. Some real coaches made bad decisions, and Riley made some real unethical decisions. But it is time for me to let it go.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

walt wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm I have a sentence that follows my every post ... I will take it down as I think we OU fans need to let it go. We just need to let us all know that Riley's ways of leaving OU were about as unethical as we know. Some real coaches made bad decisions, and Riley made some real unethical decisions. But it is time for me to let it go.
I saw a meme after he left and it said "in a world of Lin. Riley's be a Bob Stoops".
You shall not pass
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
Echo

Post by Echo »

EMan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:06 am I still don't think the national media truly understands the reason for the anger at Stink. It wasn't so much that he left (that was some of it) but mostly it was the WAY he left. It's quite obvious to anyone that's paying attention he was planning his escape to SC early that season. And it showed with how the team performed that year. There's simply no way he made his decision AFTER the OSU game. Not a chance in hell. So he lied to everyone on his way out the door, and raided the cookie jar on top of it by taking several handpicked players. That's what steams OU fans. Leaving is a kick in the teeth to start with, but when you lie on your way out and put a knife in the back as well, then no, people are not going to forgive and forget so easily. The hope for him to fail epically is something that's probably always going to be there. And there's no better revenge than to see him fail as OU succeeds. And I have no problem admitting those are my feelings on the situation. And I'm not apologizing for them either. I hope Stink loses big and never sniffs a CFP appearance. And if you give me a chance, I'll tell you what I really think.
And this is why I love you!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I tortured myself and stayed up to watch game, was still wired from our win and not sleepy. It was keystone cops by usc, they are lucky the Zona coach was not trying to win either (from my view, he made mistakes that cost his team).

waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

According to TRJAN WIRE the natives are up in arms on the left coast. The three ot debacle vs. Arizona has fans screaming for Riley and Grinch's head. There is also speculation that Muleshoe Snake may need top punt Grinch and soon .
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Stinking doesn’t have the luxury of a favorable press overlooking his failures in coaching like he did in Norman…ie no defense

Taking 3 OT to beat a weak Arizona team exposes stinkin for what he is a bad coach that can not finish a game because his teams are like him soft with no idea what defense is or the value in toughness….

I am glad stinkin is gone and more glad that BV is here
Sooner42

Post by Sooner42 »

Does anyone have the post RICK made about how Lincoln left? Wanna say it was on the old page
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OU Guy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:59 pm Anyone ever heard of the shell game

LiaR knows whats coming and his bringing up OU/Norman (lies) lis a way to keep people distracted, or at least attempt to. But their fans and press are on to him. He had a dustup a few weeks ago by banning a presser guy. And that market is press driven out there. And a week ago he unbanned that person, likely was told by school it was jot a fight to fight.

But the chickens are coming home to roost. His attempts to distract are not working well rather just adding more fuel to fire.

Within the next 6 weeks he will be in a bad spot team wise. Once they are out of title picture (2 losses for sure but 1 loss might keep them out as bad as they are minus Caleb). Then the press will swarm! I am here for it! My guess is Caleb then shuts it down early to prep for NFL. He will lokely fake another injury. So LiaR will have soke ugly last games if without CW for a few games.
You are 100% on target. He and Colin Cowherd have a built in excuse (for LiaR and attention getter for Cowherd), they are masterful at playing it when things are getting a bit stale or they get unwanted attention. If they continue to play as they have, they likely won't make it undefeated through the balance of the Pac 12, er 2, and as you suggest, could very likely have 2 losses in the next 3 weeks. I promise, no tears will be shed in this house.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This is another reason why fans can’t forget it. This usc fan is so focused on yards he can’t see the score. Some of their fans are still protecting LiaR/Grinch and will until they lose big. Its comical but its the same thing we endured. This fan is not at the acceptance phase yet but I suspect he will be in the next month. Great reply by the OU fan. I promise you usc does not stop tx on 4 plays from the 1

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I apologize in advance but I’m having too much fun with usc right now.

From Aug 8th

captnop

Post by captnop »

We're Close
captnop

Post by captnop »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 am I apologize in advance but I’m having too much fun with usc right now.

From Aug 8th

I think he meant Georgia Southern
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I love this chart lol