OKLAHOMA SOONERS vs. The Dark Side: GAME THREAD

This forum contains popular threads that are worthy of archiving
Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

RussC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:56 pm
Up North Sooner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:53 pm
RussC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:47 pm DG “clutch “ Gabriel?
DG “the it man” Gabriel?
I will gladly be eating crow this evening.
You’re a stand-up guy. Best kind of crow comes with a Massive Win
Tastes good!
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

BudaSooner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:28 pm I have a horrible sinking feeling that our Great D is going to be wasted today. Too many wasted opportunities...
Boo, Hiss!! This guy just didn't have enough faith in his Sooners1

GREAT WIN, SO prOUd of these guys!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
RussC

Post by RussC »

Nic Anderson! Wish he’d get all Stogner ‘s targets. Stog is a guy I’ve written off. I’ll eat my crow if Stog wins the B12 championship or similar
#Mentally In Portal
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:55 pm ...THE OKLAHOMA SOONERS ARE 6-0 WITH 6 STRAIGHT COVERS!!!

(Don't be dogging Dillon Gabriel any more. This chinaman will be on you like a chicken on a June bug>) :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
No problem. I can take it.
Kudos to him on that last drive, but I'm still withholding judgement.
P.S. I really hope I'll have to eat my words.
walt

Post by walt »

OU what a game. This is the best defensive game I have watched in the eight or nine years. I thought Brent was a great choice for OU's head coach. I never really believed that Brent would turn OU around in such a short time. This is the best thing that could happen is to play the horns and beat them in such a great way. In my humble brain, it makes me think that Brent's recruiting will grow.

We Sooners are blessed with a new head coach who will stick around for a long time and win lots of games and championships.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

Pokerman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:10 pm
OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:55 pm ...THE OKLAHOMA SOONERS ARE 6-0 WITH 6 STRAIGHT COVERS!!!

(Don't be dogging Dillon Gabriel any more. This chinaman will be on you like a chicken on a June bug>) :cool:

No problem. I can take it.
Kudos to him on that last drive, but I'm still withholding judgement.
P.S. I really hope I'll have to eat my words.
...fair enough! Gave you a heads up.
Suspect you've withheld judgement for the year and a half Dillon's been the starter.
He ain't perfect...BUT, HE'S DAMN GOOD!
In my mind, he's proven it today!
You're entitled to your opinion, and entitled to express it here in this open forum.
So am I. :cool:

Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

walt wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:15 pm OU what a game. This is the best defensive game I have watched in the eight or nine years. I thought Brent was a great choice for OU's head coach. I never really believed that Brent would turn OU around in such a short time. This is the best thing that could happen is to play the horns and beat them in such a great way. In my humble brain, it makes me think that Brent's recruiting will grow.

We Sooners are blessed with a new head coach who will stick around for a long time and win lots of games and championships.
Yep. Think we might be winning a few more of those head-to-head recruiting battles against the horns.
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

True dat. I sure am glad Grinchwent with He who will not be named. Best game in years.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

That game was everything that the Big XII Commissioner didn't want it to be, A great game between the two best teams in the Big XII!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Can’t stress enough how happy I am and that Brent was our head coach and proved so many naysayers wrong. I love a great defesne and its been years since I seen any team have 4 goaline stuffs inside the 2. That was so great to enjoy, my hair stood up!
In Brent I Trust :D
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

walt wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:15 pm OU what a game. This is the best defensive game I have watched in the eight or nine years. I thought Brent was a great choice for OU's head coach. I never really believed that Brent would turn OU around in such a short time. This is the best thing that could happen is to play the horns and beat them in such a great way. In my humble brain, it makes me think that Brent's recruiting will grow.

THIS! I would really be surprised if today's outstanding defensive performance doesn't yield recruiting benefits.
Who knows, Nwaneri Williams just might've been watching today, could a flip happen? (crossing fingers)...
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
RussC

Post by RussC »

MsProudSooner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:20 pm That game was everything that the Big XII Commissioner didn't want it to be, A great game between the two best teams in the Big XII!
Ha ha right! Take that, Yormark!
#Mentally In Portal
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Another note, that game Caleb helped win was great - but this win helps put an exclamation point on this staff. Its no longer that orior staff/players were our last big tx game. This is all on BV and what he has built in such a short time.

Just an amazing win!
In Brent I Trust :D
JackStraw

Post by JackStraw »

Tuck Fexas.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Two cheers for Ted Roof!
#Mentally In Portal
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Happily eating crow today. What a great effort by the guys. Some things to fix, but what a huge last drive and a big W.

Fun to see their fans at the end. They were so sure they'd kick us again. :boohoo: