More bombs from Patty, who are they??

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
oufanforever

More bombs from Patty, who are they??

Post by oufanforever »

Here we go again!

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I'm guessing Berkley Zache is one of them.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Holy heck. This is amazing if these are also 2025’s. Softball is allowed 11? 12? Scholarships? These are young ladies that can probably get full rides at most other teams that are committing to OU on a partial or no scholarship. All I can say, is the softball NIL game must be really strong.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Greatness of OU softball aside, money is money - you’re looking at $200k for an out of state for a 4 year degree.

Out of state cost to attend OU is listed as about $45k. Figure NIL has to pay them $60k-$65k just cover taxes and break even on cost of tuition. So, NIL must be north of $100k for these ladies to come to OU on partial/no scholarship. Amazing.
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

And her sister.
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

TropicalSooner wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:26 am I'm guessing Berkley Zache is one of them.
Berkley and Riley
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

cclift38 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:43 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:26 am I'm guessing Berkley Zache is one of them.
Berkley and Riley
Riley is a 2024 commit. She was shown as a MIF/UT (and she can catch from what I am told) and she was in a T-48th by EIS (about player #331). She originally committed to Mizzou, so that would have to change.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:58 pm
Berkley and Riley
Riley is a 2024 commit. She was shown as a MIF/UT (and she can catch from what I am told) and she was in a T-48th by EIS (about player #331). She originally committed to Mizzou, so that would have to change.
2024s have not signed yet, so flipping to OU should be smooth and painless :P
SoonerSportsFan

Post by SoonerSportsFan »

Berkley and Riley
:eyes:
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:28 pm
Here is what EIS said about Berkley Zache this summer:

T-3—Berkley Zache, P/UT, Tennessee Mojo – Fisher/Harkness

At 6-foot-1, Berkley commands each of her pitches which include the power game with elite velocity as well as tight spins and the skill to consistently work multiple levels of the zone. Her high ceiling hasn’t gone unnoticed by college coaches, either: Berkley has received more than 40 phone calls from SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 college coaches offering official visits and/or scholarships. She has visited North Carolina State previously, is at Missouri this weekend, Oklahoma next weekend followed by trips to Florida and Michigan. Once those are done, she’ll begin club play with the Mojo Fisher/Harkness team throughout the fall. At St. Joseph (South Bend, Ind.) High this year, Berkley went 16-1 with a miniscule 0.13 ERA, just giving up two earned runs all season while striking out 251 batters, but that was just half the story: Berkley also smashed nine home runs and batted .531. Offensively, Berkley can hit the ball a long way and is a strong run producer as well. The physical tools plus the maturity and understanding of the mental game makes her one of the top prospects in her class. “Berkley is a leader and kids enjoy playing with her,” says Mojo Head Coach Josh Fisher. “We are excited to see where she decides to continue this journey in college. Wherever it is, will be getting one of the best!”

Here is what Softball America said about Berkley Zache this summer:

#2 Recruit - Beverly Bandits 18U - Dorsey - RHP/1B - Saint Joseph (South Bend, Ind.)
Zache was nearly untouchable in the circle for Saint Joseph, as she had a 0.13 ERA over 107.2 innings with 251 strikeouts. She tossed two no-hitters and a perfect game. Zache was just as lethal on offense, hitting for a .531 average on 51 hits with 46 RBIs and nine long balls. She was named a 4A First-Team All-State selection.
Thanks for posting the EIS and SA ratings information about Zache '56....apprec it.
aka Crimson47
MontOUfan

Post by MontOUfan »

Interesting read on the newest Sooner family. Sounds just like Coach Gasso and her staff.
https://extrainningsoftball.com/the-ten ... he-family/
White River

Post by White River »

MontOUfan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:21 pm Interesting read on the newest Sooner family. Sounds just like Coach Gasso and her staff.
https://extrainningsoftball.com/the-ten ... he-family/
Thanks for posting Mont. That is the definition of effective parenting and a lot of folks need to read that article. It makes me look even more foreword to these young ladies and their family joining Sooner Softball!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

1KCSoonerFan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:11 pm I was doing some research on Berkley Zache today and something sounded familiar....

....Berkley Zache and Audrey Lowry faced each other in an epic pitcher's duel in a high school championship game last year (?) that went a scoreless 9 innings. Zache drove in the winning run for the win of 1-0. Lowry set an Indiana high school record for strike outs in a state champ game at 22.

Now these two will be on the same team. Amazing!
Yep...you are correct. She hit a soft grounder past the 2nd baseman with a runner on 2nd that scored the winning run. I posted a link with the story earlier in the Recruiting thread I started but I'll repost it again here now that Zache has committed. It is a really good read. Zache had 20 k's in that game and the tandem of (soph) Lowry and Zache in '26 is going to be just plain awesome. And we'll still have Deal and Monti as seniors and Geurin (junior) along with fellow freshmen Bordi and Parker as well.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/h ... 529924001/

After rereading it, I started thinking about that recruiting process back then when Gasso and Rocha were going after Lowry. It doesn't seem likely that they would've gone to see that game since it was the day after we won the National Championship beating Texas, but I bet they watched the tape intending to analyze Lowry, when they must have seen the show Zache was putting on at the same time. Wonder if the seed was planted then?
Anyway, we now have accumulated the most amazing class with the '25 grads and with the huge '24 class we now have and the way our new freshmen this year are performing, I'm starting to rest just a little easier about the Sooners' future as we lurch into the SEC.
Last edited by TropicalSooner on Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aka Crimson47
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

I believe Lowry and the Zache sisters all plays for the Tennessee Mojo travel ball team, so Riley probably have caught both Audrey and Berkeley. It is nice to have batteries that have worked together for a long time and know the tendencies of each other. Riley also gives OU a second catcher in the 24 class, so we probably don't have to take a transfer catcher now.

OU getting Deal, Lowry, and the Zache sisters from the Mojo team also shows a nice expansion of our recruiting pipeline beyond the Batbusters in CA.