Seen at the game tonight lol

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This was student line to get in tonight

EMan

Post by EMan »

Solid win for the Sooners! Never trailed by more than 2. Led by as many as 10. Tanner Groves with 20 on the night. He was having a great time at the end of the game, running up and down the bench high fiving and chest bumping everyone. He said after the game it was the first time he and Jacob had ever beaten a ranked team. I got the impression he enjoyed it! :D Jalen Hill had a solid game as well. And hit some big free throws down the stretch. Not a very good night from 3, but they played some solid D and came away with the win.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Wow, Porter is just what the doctor ordered! Imagine if we get BV we could have some great pep rallies lol.

Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

Just sayin' is all.

All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Turn it up. To have a HC give this much energy is so refreshing! Won’t have to rely on star players to get fans behind program.

soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

Couldn't believe this game wasn't on some channel where more of us could watch it.
USNavySooner

Post by USNavySooner »

Great win for them! They have been playing good defense and are off to a solid start this season. Hopefully they will continue to improve, go to the big dance and win a game or two.
“We have met the enemy and they are ours…” - Oliver Hazard Perry
Raul

Post by Raul »

Rugged. I like it.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

We got ourselves a coach and wont be outta the Big Dance to Long.

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
ClintA.Adams

Post by ClintA.Adams »

Two very encouraging things for this team is it is an entirely new roster for all intents and purposes, so they are still working on cohesiveness and they field a good number of seniors, which puts them ahead of the curve in terms of experience. They're going to be better than their pre-season projection and perhaps far better.

I love that energy level from Moser; I find that very encouraging and gives me great hope for the present and future of Sooner basketball.
Waddyswagon

Post by Waddyswagon »

I read a couple of articles on the game from the Fla. coverage. The consistent theme in each was how intimidating the atmosphere was. They said that at first the Gators were clearly taken out of their game by the crowd. When was the last time the atmosphere at the LNC was called intimidating?
Raul

Post by Raul »

That’s it, right there! Getting the students - consistently, having them fully engaged.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Waddyswagon wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:53 am I read a couple of articles on the game from the Fla. coverage. The consistent theme in each was how intimidating the atmosphere was. They said that at first the Gators were clearly taken out of their game by the crowd. When was the last time the atmosphere at the LNC was called intimidating?
If you recall Moser went to the student body weeks ago and basically asked for their support but he did it in an energy type way vs demanding way. I was impressed then how much focus he put not only on fans but OU students. He went their to sell his BB program.

Throw in Gators came in #14 plus rumors of a FB announcement. Add in that Lonnie was being recognized! So many different reasons fans were there but then a game broke out and OU looked really good and fans contributed.

Could not ask for a better scenario and now that the student body sees how much they helped and how fun it was they likely come back again. The cherry was watching the coach go happy wild after the game and jump off the riser and fist pump the fans. I bet those students tore up social media with it and that will cause those who missed the game to want to be at future ones.

Its really awesome. Porter had 3 players left so he built this team almost from scratch. And they are 7-1 with a defining win over 14 ranked Gators.

What a way to start your coaching career at OU! HS players will take notice and that will help recruiting too. That was a huge night for Porter and OU basketball program in so many ways
EMan

Post by EMan »

Don't know if they showed this on TV, but there was a play in the game when Mo Gibson drove the basket and the 6' 11" center for Florida, Colin Castleton came over and swatted it out of bounds. Gibson looked over at the bench and Moser was standing there with his hand up over his head to indicate, hey Mo, that guy is WAY taller than you. You need to make better decisions. To me it didn't appear to be done in a mad sort of way. It actually seemed more humorous than anything else. Yet he got his point across very well. You gotta love coaches like that.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!