Guys .........Im worried

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

Guys .........Im worried

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

I've seen that mentioned before. That Bama fan understands. BV is the real thing. Coach, Culture. Recruiter, and on and on.

But they can't have him...Maybe Sark.. :D
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

After seeing what Brent passed on while at Clemson, makes me think that Brent is here to stay. He doesn't appear to be as money hungry as the last coach. Bama can have Debo or Sark
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Not worried BV has thing working at Oklahoma in year 2, Also he knows Oklahoma is a blue blood with great tradition and a great AD.

NO ONE WITH A BRAIN WOULD FOLLOW SABAN…….
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

My opinion is "he aint even gonna consider" ...way to much Loyalty with Joe C and Coach Bob.Period!
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
walt

Post by walt »

I don't think that :BV: is going anywhere. At his age and his attachment to OU, the odds of :BV: him leaving is likely none. Brent spent a long time with Clemson. He could have had a head coach but waited for an opening at OU.

He ain't going anywhere.

We need to remember the situation that Riley left OU. Brent, in a very short time, has got OU back on a great track to get OU back in championship shape. He has done a great job with recruiting. I think Brent has a good shot at keeping OUs recruiting on a very high level.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
UtahSooner83

Post by UtahSooner83 »

One of the 48 Laws of Power: “Never step into a great man’s shoes.”

No matter how good you are you will never be as good. It happened after Bear Bryant. It will happen again.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Wish in one hand & crap in the other & see what you get? 🤣 It,s not happening. But this tells the nation as recruits out there what’s
a head with the future of Oklahoma. Bama has had there day in the sun. The Sooner had there’s years back, but it is our turn again.
Georgia move over the Sooners are coming for you. I think we are one year away.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
walt

Post by walt »

Fly wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:20 am Wish in one hand & crap in the other & see what you get? 🤣 It,s not happening. But this tells the nation as recruits out there what’s
a head with the future of Oklahoma. Bama has had there day in the sun. The Sooner had there’s years back, but it is our turn again.
Georgia move over the Sooners are coming for you. I think we are one year away.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Fly, I share your enthusiasm, but I think it will take a couple of years before we can consistently be a winner. What I am seeing on the recruiting has done with the 2024 class makes me think Brent is very capable of building back to where Switzer had OU right up at the top for many years. One of the barriers is that the competition is getting tougher every year.

If you compare the methods of getting OU back to the great is Brent is highly focused on getting the OU defense back where OU has been in football. Riley, on the opposite side of the game is that offense was his focus and failure of Riley win champion wins. It is the defense that Saban's emphasis made them so hard to beat. Brent knows that his defense will be what allows his team to consistently be at the top of the best.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I’ve been giddy since the first rumors floated about Brent coming back. Defense wins titles. There are some exceptions like LSU last title.

Thing is defense will have you in every game. Then you can find your offensive rythym. We are so used to dominate offense it creates all type of discussion like the RB thread. Our running game is less than it used to be but our defense is much better to offset. And our defense is improved way more than run game declined.

If one looks at LiaR his offensive teams were more finesse. That LSU offense was a type team that they could pound you run or pass. Thats why LiaR never won playoffs, his offense was too finesse and a good D could slow em down enough. And the D was so bad if you failed to score the other team would.

With what Brent is building we won’t need our O to be like the LiaR years. And thats what fans are having to adjust to. Brent at Clemson had the #1 D stop rate in 2017 and 2018. Thats the best D stat their is. Its not yards based.

And yet on top of D we still have an improving O. When Jackson Arnold takes over next year our WR room will be even better. Running room too. And TE room. We have playmakers coming in. But we have some DLine studs coming as well.

Our future is so so promising. Regardless any speedbumps this year our 24 team will be even better. But our competition will be harder and our schedule is brutal next year. But the pieces will be in place to make noise in 24 and moreso in 25.

We could not have got a better coach. We all knew Brent was going to be given plenty of grace to rebuild from ground up. Had we hired the latest fad coach - they would likely not have been granted the same grace - and likely would not have rebuilt from ground - rather they would have tried a bandaid approach to get quicker wins but at expense of longer term sustainability.

Thats why getting Brent was so huge, he gutted the program and rebuilt it in every way. Ne has already earned the trust from his first tenure at OU. Imagine some latest trend coach having that 6-7 season - the fans would mot have been as patient as they were with Brent.
In Brent I Trust :D
captnop

Post by captnop »

Id rather win 20-6 than 48-45 any day ...
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Hothing here to see . Don't worry be happy .
SD-OU

Post by SD-OU »

Unless forced out Brent is not going anywhere. My hope is that Lebby gets better each year and along with the Brent "D" we get into the playoffs with a chance to win it all. Lebby has shown he can bring in the high star recruits. And we know what Brent can do with the defensive side pf recruiting.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This is a very good todbit of insight. Our players are bought in and its showing on the field. So many plays we make this year that we didn’t last year. Love to hear about this little yet big thing:

In Brent I Trust :D
RussC

Post by RussC »

“Treatment. Food. Film. Recovery.”

That there’s how I try to organize my life.
#Mentally In Portal