A new GoBoomer!!! from Patty

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Bottom post of the previous page:

JSULL60 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:43 pm :ou: I dont know how how many people watched the Wisconsin vs Texas game that Monticelli pitched. She struck out the top of the Texas order which was no small feat. She only allowed 2 runs until the 5th inning which and one run was aided by a wild pitch. She did have a little control problem. Monticelli throws with alot of velocity and has good spin and movement on the ball. With Rocha coaching her, she could become quite a force. Question with Keeney joining the Sooners, is what the pecking order will be. You would think the top 3 will beay, Deal and Keeney. Which slides Monticelli to 4th and Greuin.5th.
Monticelli could red shirt if there are not enough innings to go around.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I can't wait to see what Rocha can do with Karlie Keeney. And Paytn Monticelli as well.
In my mind, I can see May / Deal / Keeney as the primary rotation, with Monticelli and Geurin as closers, and maybe using Monticelli/Geurin for Mid-week games also.
We lose both May and Keeney after this year so we go into the SEC with Deal/Geurin/Monticelli along with freshman Audrey Lowry. This will be a big development year for Geurin and Monticelli. The way Deal is appears to be pitching this summer, it looks like she is going to be really solid both this year and after.
aka Crimson47
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou:
TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:16 pm I can't wait to see what Rocha can do with Karlie Keeney. And Paytn Monticelli as well.
In my mind, I can see May / Deal / Keeney as the primary rotation, with Monticelli and Geurin as closers, and maybe using Monticelli/Geurin for Mid-week games also.
We lose both May and Keeney after this year so we go into the SEC with Deal/Geurin/Monticelli along with freshman Audrey Lowry. This will be a big development year for Geurin and Monticelli. The way Deal is appears to be pitching this summer, it looks like she is going to be really solid both this year and after.
If Greuin is very effective. Monticelli could reshirt, but I agree that her and SJ Geuin may have a closing role and handle midweek opponents. Patty had alrady gone on record that Deal is going to be a significant part of the rotation. I dont see Patty redshirting Monticelli but you never know. I do think if the defense can maintain its excellence and the offense can average 8 runs a game, the addition of Keeney will enable the Sooners to make another title run.
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

It looks like this means neither Vawter nor Maxwell are coming to OU. Vawter said she was a later, not a Sooner. Apparently so. Bringing in one of them now might rattle the moving parts of the pitching staff.
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

Apparently, Mike White got lost last week in the Serengeti. He thought Vawter was doing her mission in Kenya and not South Africa and chased her there. I think an OU alum told him that. Oh Well.
TALSOONER

Post by TALSOONER »

Actually Getting Keeney will help our offense . Batting practice against the pitcher that shut us down will only make us better. Too !