You May Want to Hold on to Your Hats - Lots of Rumors about OU Softball

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

You May Want to Hold on to Your Hats - Lots of Rumors about OU Softball

Post by OUBeliever56A »

As Chris Plank has said now twice, there are rumors out there that will shock the Softball World.

Yes, there are a few out there.

One, it seems, is about a Sooner player.

One is about OU picking a big time transfer to possibly play SS for the Sooners.

On is about a couple of big time players that could join the Sooners.

It sounds like news could be released today.

I will wait until news breaks, if it does, to make any more comments.

Boomer Sooner!
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

I want off the wild ride!!! Oh man, if the rumors are true, I don’t know if I can take it.
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Jayda Coleman transferring to to Texas to be with her boyfriend Bowman who’s also transferring to Texas.

See? Rumors.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OK, I have one I just read on another site.

The big news is... Jordy Bahl is homesick, her boyfriend plays for Nebraska so she will be entering the portal for the purpose of tranferring to Nebraska. The homesickness, boyfriend and her being a country girl the underlying reasons for the transfer.

Personally, I think it will involve incoming players, but I've been wrong before.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Bixby_Sooner wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:30 am OK, I have one I just read on another site.

The big news is... Jordy Bahl is homesick, her boyfriend plays for Nebraska so she will be entering the portal for the purpose of tranferring to Nebraska. The homesickness, boyfriend and her being a country girl the underlying reasons for the transfer.

Personally, I think it will involve incoming players, but I've been wrong before.
This is likely just noise!
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

It would be hard to believe. Nebraska is not that far away of a drive from Norman. Also, get an OU football player for boyfriend instead. Somebody find a boyfriend for her guys, just kidding.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

To be clear, I don't believe this announcement has to do with Jordy or Jayda.

I am still surprised, but entertained, regarding how some "fans" will take a cryptic post like Plank's and then post the most negative outcomes, while they speculate on the topic.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

MNSooner wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:25 am Jayda Coleman transferring to to Texas* to be with her boyfriend Bowman who’s also transferring to Texas*.

See? Rumors.
Not a chance at all!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Thanks for your post '56.
I can't imagine the glee those idiots and trolls will have on that other board if anything happens about Jordy. I just refuse to feed the trolls over there.
As for the rest, if anyone has to transfer out...then whatever will be will be. I love all my Sooner Softball players down to the last one on the roster and I don't want any of them to even think about leaving. I also know that's not real.
But I will still be grateful for their contributions as a Sooner and will wish them the very best in their next chapter.
I just hope we don't lose someone that's critical to our team and it's leadership.
aka Crimson47
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Yeah, I still cheer for Donihoo and Puni to do well. I actually wished they woudlve stay but they found success at TN with playing time, just not championship :) because we won.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

UPDATE:

A couple of very well informed and connected Alumni are saying that in fact, Jordy is going to portal to Nebraska for all the reasons I said above and she wants to bat in the lineup (was a new one).

If this actually turns out to be the case, I will eat my crow, with Franks. I put that *(@# on everything.
Sooner Steve

Post by Sooner Steve »

I hope the rumors aren't true. Patty and Kenzie were on News9 with Dean last night. It seemed a bit strange that Kenzie was on instead of the MVP of the WCWS.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Well.....not saying we will.....but if we did lose Jordy, I guess the silver lining is that she is doing this early in the portal season that when (if) it does happen and become public, then a lot of pitchers nationwide that were maybe dragging their feet about jumping into the portal will suddenly do so all at once. We may have a bonanza of pitchers to look at.
Guess we'll find out in a few minutes.
aka Crimson47
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Don't want to sound coldhearted but IF Jordy enters the portal I think there will will be pitching options open to us via the portal . I do think Jordy should do what she needs to do but she is not bigger than OUr Sooners .
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

As I see it, there is nothing else to prove. We supported Alex Storako's reason to come here, and need to support anyone who leaves.

For all we know it could be family health related or many reasons. Jordy has nothing else to prove here and everyine should support her if she choses to leave.
In Brent I Trust :D