Alex Storako

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ousbfan

Alex Storako

Post by ousbfan »

I first noticed the different colored ribbon that the rest of the team a few games ago and wondered why she wasn't wearing the same color of the rest of the team.
Storako wrote a letter to D1 softball which is pretty interesting at least to me.

https://d1softball.com/who-am-i-by-alex-storako/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 232885007/
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bravo Alex!
aka Crimson47
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Thanks ousbfan!

Storako couldn't have landed in a better place via the portal! After listening to the witnessing for Christ in Patty's PC following the WCWS, she couldn't have found a better teammates to surround her, nor a better coach to lean on. You could see it in her face that she's enjoying this last year of college ball immensely whether she's on the steps of the dugout or on the mound. She also fulfilled a dream she's had since she was 12 yrs old. To play on the biggest stage of college softball without the game already settled. She wanted to win it all.....and she did! Alex deserved her day in the light!
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Mental health issues are a serious concern and in reality they have a negative stigma in society. I am not sure why, my thoughts are people just don't understand them and think you should "tough it out" and get over it. It is not that easy and can cause a lot of personal pain and anguish.

I am very proud of Alex for her courage and transparency on her personal struggle and crusade to bring light to the topic. Another reason of many to be thankful we have Patty as coach to allow this comfort for her players to be honest with themselves.

Nice job Alex!
Last edited by Gandalf on Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
You shall not pass
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Bravo AS