2023 Transfer Portal Season is wide open! Who would you want to see come available in the Portal this year???

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

JSULL60 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 am :ou: Their father says the youngest one is the best player
There is.....Breya, ~11. If she turns out to be the best, I would hope she breaks with the others and signs with OU.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

waddy's ghost wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:19 pm Taryn Kern from Indiana is a prime example of the type of player I think OU could get IF she went portal . She batted .404 ,23 hrs , 69r , 68 rbis . I think aplayer like this would jump at a chance to be a Sooner AND PLAY UNDER A LEGEND AND WIN A TITLE .
Taryn Kern has entered the portal and is available. Does Patty try to get the proven power hitting middle infielder?
With all due respect to Quincee Lilio and the incoming freshmen infielders, I say yes.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

AllSooner wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:48 am
JSULL60 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 am :ou: Their father says the youngest one is the best player
There is.....Breya, ~11. If she turns out to be the best, I would hope she breaks with the others and signs with OU.
next sister up is Tia Milloy, and she has already committed to OU.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Here's the thing about Taryn Kern.
Yes, she does have a big bat. And maybe that's all it takes.
The Indiana SS had 11 errors this year, and Kern at 2B had a whopping 16 errors. That's twice as many, and in most cases, way more that twice as many as any other player on their team except for their SS.
The question would then be does Patty sacrifice defense just to get another bat?
I'm guessing probably not.
But also, perhaps under Patty's training, maybe those errors would be correctable. Just not sure it's worth the price.
aka Crimson47
durry

Post by durry »

Who is Breya?
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

With proper instruction and motivation, improvement can be made in the field.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

durry wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm
Who is Breya?
Breya is Tia Milloy's younger sister. She is already as tall as Tia and Tia is almost as tall as Kiki Milloy (Tennessee CF).

As an off topic to the intent of this thread, Tia and lil sis, Breya, also visited the construction site. Hopefully, lil sis also would like to play on Love Field in a couple of years.
FullSizeRender-3-768x545.jpg
FullSizeRender-3-768x545.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:05 am Here's the thing about Taryn Kern.
The Indiana SS had 11 errors this year, and Kern at 2B had a whopping 16 errors. That's twice as many, and in most cases, way more that twice as many as any other player on their team except for their SS.
The question would then be does Patty sacrifice defense just to get another bat?
But also, perhaps under Patty's training, maybe those errors would be correctable. Just not sure it's worth the price.
As other have mentioned, perhaps she would improve her defense under the OU staff. Another consideration - does she have enough speed &/or arm to move to outfield? Or maybe she could fill in the Haley Lee role at DP?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Brisket wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:05 am Here's the thing about Taryn Kern.
As other have mentioned, perhaps she would improve her defense under the OU staff. Another consideration - does she have enough speed &/or arm to move to outfield? Or maybe she could fill in the Haley Lee role at DP?
I think the Sooners have plenty of DH role players now. We need position players for 2015. [Edit: Maybe we have had 2015 covered a long time ago. Maybe we should focus on 2025!] :cool:

Thanks "Soonergirl".
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:08 pm
durry wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm
Who is Breya?
Breya is Tia Milloy's younger sister. She is already as tall as Tia and Tia is almost as tall as Kiki Milloy (Tennessee CF).

As an off topic to the intent of this thread, Tia and lil sis, Breya, also visited the construction site. Hopefully, lil sis also would like to play on Love Field in a couple of years.

FullSizeRender-3-768x545.jpg
Love the photobomb by the construction worker :)

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:00 pm
Brisket wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm
I think the Sooners have plenty of DH role players now. We need position players for 2015.
For 2025 too! ;)
aka Crimson47
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Patty approaches recruiting the much the same as Barry Switcher did when he was our head football coach. It didnt matter to Barry how good a player he had at any position , he was always out trying to recruit someone even better. Barry told the story of how Greg Pruitt who a great runningback in the wishbone in 1971. One day Greg said hey coach " whats up", in which Barry said I am out trying to recruit someone to take your job. The next Barry said I got a freshman runningback who makes Greg Pruett look like an old women in a rocking chair. The players name was Joe Washington. One of the greastest runnings backs ever to play for OU.
I said all that to say this, If Patty may take a player in the portal at a position thar we are already stacked knowing she can move other players around
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Patty approaches recruiting the much the same as Barry Switcher did when he was our head football coach. It didnt matter to Barry how good a player he had at any position , he was always out trying to recruit someone even better. Barry told the story of how Greg Pruitt who a great runningback in the wishbone in 1971. One day Greg said hey coach " whats up", in which Barry said I am out trying to recruit someone to take your job. The next Barry said I got a freshman runningback who makes Greg Pruett look like an old women in a rocking chair. The players name was Joe Washington. One of the greastest runnings backs ever to play for OU.
I said all that to say this, If Patty may take a player in the portal at a position thar we are already stacked knowing she can move other players around