Other Games WCWS Day 2 Loser's Brackets

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Other Games WCWS Day 2 Loser's Brackets

Post by TropicalSooner »

Alabama vs Stanford 6pm Fouts vs Vawter? Last chance saloon Montana....Let's gooooooo

Utah vs OSU 8:30pm Sydney Sandez vs Lexi Kilfoyl? Will the rain hold off this time???
aka Crimson47
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

I wonder if Paige Parker and DJ got anything useful from the Goat?
White River

Post by White River »

ousbfan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:50 pm I wonder if Paige Parker and DJ got anything useful from the Goat?
I think they got a lot. It may just be the TV coverage but watching the post season reports, it appears they are having to coach the head coach while they coach the team. She may be a very nice person but I haven't gotten the impression that she is a strong leader with a clear vision of how to build a program. Just my opinion.
Last edited by White River on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Stanford leads 'Bama 1-0 middle of the 6th.
Fouts v Vawter
Vawter throwing a 1 hitter so far.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

ousbfan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:50 pm I wonder if Paige Parker and DJ got anything useful from the Goat?
I’ll bet OU got “PAC” knowledge on Stanford and Utah has gotten “Big 12” knowledge on OSU.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Stanford beats Bama 2-0. Canady pitched last inning or more in the game. Bama gone. Seeya Mr. Murphy! good riddance!
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

Stanford looking solid. Good defense and great pitching duo.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Who is pulling for OSU and is wanting Utah to win. I know there fans who want to see a OU vs OSU chmp series. Sounds like it could be fun but I kind of want Utah to advance because of the OU ties
White River

Post by White River »

Cowgirls are throttling the Utes. Utah didn't start Lopez since she pitched earlier today. The rain delay last night was bad for their pitching situation. The two they have put out there can't get an out. OSU leads 8-0 after 2 innings.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Yea. Utah only had one pitcher that they can compete with. Doesnt usually work to well nowdays
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:44 pm :ou: Who is pulling for OSU and is wanting Utah to win. I know there fans who want to see a OU vs OSU chmp series. Sounds like it could be fun but I kind of want Utah to advance because of the OU ties
If OU gets upset by Tennessee tomorrow, those wanting an OU vs OSU rematch would get their wish, as the Sooners would be bumped to the opposite bracket, and OSU jumped all over Utah, sending them home.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

jmac11 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:28 pm Stanford looking solid. Good defense and great pitching duo.
Vawter & Canady have been dialed in during the postseason. They haven't given up more than two runs in a game yet.
The Palo alto regional showed how far Florida's pitching has fallen, Stanford's anemic bats put up 8 and 11 runs on the Gators.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

White River wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:47 pm Cowgirls are throttling the Utes. Utah didn't start Lopez since she pitched earlier today. The rain delay last night was bad for their pitching situation. The two they have put out there can't get an out. OSU leads 8-0 after 2 innings.
OSU got a pretty decent break with the Utah-Washington game being moved to Friday at 1 PM. That left Utah after losing 4-1 to the Huskies with having to start someone other than Mariah Lopez. That did not work out well for Utah and did work out well for OSU.

They said that Lopez had started the last 10 games for Utah on the ESPN telecast. WOW. I do not know if that is true, but if it is, Lopez pitched well over that time period. I do not understand why Utah left Lopez in when they trailed 3-1 and throw 120+ pitches and virtually benching her for the second game last night. When the score became 3-1 on Holtorf's third RBI in the 6th, Utah had to consider pulling Lopez to give her a chance to pitch in the second game and they did not do that.

OSU found some offensive energy between Thursday night and Friday night. They looked like a totally different team. Maybe it is a simple as facing Sandercock for Florida State versus Sandez and Hale for Utah. Kilfoyl did pitch very well last night for the Cowgirls.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Okay, Washington loses to FSU, and will have to play vs Stanford tomorrow. The winner of that game will play OU in the early game on monday:
1)how good is Meylan and the other possible Washington pitchers?
2) How good is the other possible pitcher for Stanford(besides Canady)?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

inconnu wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:05 pm Okay, Washington loses to FSU, and will have to play vs Stanford tomorrow. The winner of that game will play OU in the early game on monday:
1)how good is Meylan and the other possible Washington pitchers?
2) How good is the other possible pitcher for Stanford(besides Canady)?
Right now Lindsay Lopez (formerly of Arizona State) is Washington's most reliable pitcher. She relieved Ruby Meylan who started against FSU tonight. I think Lynch is also throwing well with Nelson being capable. Meylan might have the best stuff for Washington, but she may be hitting a wall as a freshman right now.

For Stanford, their other good pitcher is Alana Vawter. Vawter is a drop ball pitcher who has had a very good career.

Washington beat Stanford 2 of 3 in the PAC-12, but Canady beat Meylan 2-1 in the first of the three games.