Oklahoma Softball - Big 12 Player and Pitcher of the Week.

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Softball - Big 12 Player and Pitcher of the Week.

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Jayda Coleman - Player

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Jordy Bahl - Pitcher

SoonerSeth

Post by SoonerSeth »

Awesome! I believe the Top 10 finalists for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year are released tomorrow. How many of the five Top 25 Sooners (May, Bahl, Storako, Jennings, Coleman) do you think make it? Do any of our players have a realistic shot of making the Top 3 finalists or winning it? I do not follow/watch any other teams so I have no idea how other top players are doing.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

SoonerSeth wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:10 pm Awesome! I believe the Top 10 finalists for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year are released tomorrow. How many of the five Top 25 Sooners (May, Bahl, Storako, Jennings, Coleman) do you think make it? Do any of our players have a realistic shot of making the Top 3 finalists or winning it? I do not follow/watch any other teams so I have no idea how other top players are doing.
Welcome to SoonerTimes SoonerSeth! I see this is your 1st post. Hope to see a lot of your posts over here on our Softball board. Welcome!

To your question, I think Bahl, Jennings, and Coleman have a shot to make POY. Probably Coleman has the best shot. If I put Bahl up against any other pitcher in the country, I'd take Bahl. But I just don't think she has enough innings pitched to really win it. Cagle (Clemson) probably has the pitching cred's plus she also is their team's heartbeat with the bat---wow numbers there. Only thing is the schedule they've had has been pretty weak.
I like Coleman the best, but Jennings could have a late season surge and get it too. Lots of other teams have decent players also, too many to name really.

Again, welcome!
aka Crimson47
SoonerSeth

Post by SoonerSeth »

Thank you! Looks like you were spot on - Bahl, Coleman, and Jennings made the Top 10.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/5/3/ ... -finalists