Coach Gray-Walton resigns OU Volleyball Head Coach Position!

Forum to discuss OU volleyball
OUBeliever56A

Coach Gray-Walton resigns OU Volleyball Head Coach Position!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I got a text from a friend last night about Coach Gray-Walton's resignation. Wow, this could be a tough blow for the Sooner Volleyball program. The only thing i noticed during the year was that her husband, Kyle Walton, stopped being an assistant coach (I think he was in charge of serving location). The program was building very well the last couple of years.

There was also a rumor about a couple of transfers. Boy, it is hard to find volleyball transfer information compared to softball. It looks like there is a good list on Twitter but since I do not have a twitter account, I can only look at so many before it requires a membership. Maybe my wife will help me when she if awake.

I did see that Grace Talpash was in the portal but that had been known as she wants to go back to California for her final graduate season.

One of the other rumor I heard (i can't confirm it) was that Peyton Dunn had entered the transfer portal. That makes sense to me as she seems to have lost her spot to Payton Chamberlain during the season. Dunn never played again after she had an injury during the early season west coast trip. I imagine that was to allow her to red-shirt for the year due to the injury.

The other rumor I heard I will not mention here until it is more confirmed. This transfer would really hurt the Sooners if it is true.

OU needs to move fairly quickly to fill the coaches position as the transfer activity is just getting started up after the season closes down.

Tough news at this point for the Sooners and the team.

Boomer Sooner!
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Wow, I was not expecting that. I wonder what the deal is.

Talpash and Dunn aren't huge blows, but I don't usually like to see players leave. You always need depth. I'm worried about the other rumor. I have no idea who it is, but I'm reminded of when Guewe Diouf transferred out after an outstanding freshman season. She transferred to Pitt, but just seemed to disappear after that. I don't think she ever played for Pitt.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Talpash is still the only Sooner that I see on the twitter list.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:16 pm Talpash is still the only Sooner that I see on the twitter list.
I agree. I am watching a Instagram page. Just Talpash.

I hope this remains the case.