BOOM!! 23 3* DT Ashton Sanders Commits

OU Guy

BOOM!! 23 3* DT Ashton Sanders Commits

Post by OU Guy »

Would be a flip to us

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Cali DL Ashton Sanders talks new offer from Oklahoma, potential return visit to Wisconsin

ByGREG BIGGINS 3 hours ago

Los Angeles (Calif.) Cathedral defensive tackle Ashton Sanders picked up a scholarship offer from Oklahoma earlier in the week and quickly lined up an official visit to Norman.

Sanders is one of the top interior defensive line prospects out West. At 6-2, 295 pounds, Sanders is a true nose guard and combines a quick first step with raw power.

He can beat an opposing guard/center right at the snap and plays behind the line of scrimmage. He’s a naturally strong kid who can manhandle an opposing player at the high school level and has been productive since his sophomore year.

He has definitely taken his game up to another level this year. Through 10 games this season, Sanders has 66 tackles, 20 for loss, nine sacks and 44 hurries.

The former Cal commit has seen a nice bump in his recruitment with several new schools reaching out. One of those schools is the Oklahoma Sooners, who just offered on Monday.

“It came out of nowhere honestly,” Sanders said. “I had never heard from Oklahoma and then coacch Bates hit me up on twitter. About 30 minutes later, we got on a call with my coach and later that night, we talked again and that’s when he offered me.

“That’s a huge offer, I was surprised but very excited. Oklahoma is a big time program and definitely has that ‘wow’ factor to them. Coach Bates said he really liked my senior film and was surprised I didn’t have more schools after me and we talked about locking in an official visit.”

Sanders locked in an official visit for November 18 when the Sooners host in-state rival Oklahoma State.

“I’m excited to get out there,” Sanders said. “I took official visits over the summer to Cal and Wisconsin but this will be my first visit during a game weekend. I know the game atmosphere is going to be incredible and I know how crazy that Sooner fan base is.

“I’m looking forward to being in that environment and seeing how comfortable I’ll be. I want to see how I connect with the players on the team and I’m excited to try some of that BBQ out there as well.”

Sanders said he’s well aware of the defensive reputation head coach Brent Venables has.

“He was the DC at Clemson when they had some of the best defenses in college football,” Sanders said. “I haven’t talked to him but coach Bates told me he’s a strong Christian man and that means a lot to me.

“Coach Bates was with him at Clemson when they had their whole defense line drafted. I like coach Bates and he told me they see me as someone who they can move around and play all over the defensive line so I have high interest for sure.”

Sanders said he’s still hearing from Wisconsin along with Washington, Washington State, Indiana Arizona State, Maryland and SMU.

“I want to take another official visit to Wisconsin before I make my decision,” Sanders said. “I know you’re allowed to visit the same school again when they hire a new coach and that’s what I would like to do.

COMMENTS
“They haven’t made a hire yet but I keep hearing there’s a good coach it will be coach (Jim) Leonhard and I think that would be a great hire. He’s a real cool guy and very respected by all the players there. I love the staff and have a strong comfort level there.”

Sanders said he plans to sign in December and is also set to graduate early.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cali-DL-A ... 196708974/
Fly

Post by Fly »

He would be a HUGE pick up for the Sooners. Please, Please lord, this would make him a home he would never regret coming into.

Fly :ou:
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Hate to be cynical, but I'll believer when he signs.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Well I understand that. But I have a good feeling about him. I looked him up & he is a decommit from Cal. He is only a 3* but seems
To be a under the radar type of player. Wisconsin he has made a visit too. Plans another there, but just got a offer from OU Monday
& seems excited, & plans to make a visit to Norman. I think if we can get that done soon we can turn him. We are the most high profile
school to offer him. The kid is a big kid at over 6ft & 300 lb,s as being quick. We need to keep our fingers crossed.

Fly :ou:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Another CB

Fly

Post by Fly »

Man this kid is a real stud, and seems very high on the Sooners. Rivals show him 75% chance Sooner commit. He will be hear for
The Okla st bedlam game. I pray we play well for that one for it would be huge.

Fly :BV: :ou:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Visiting Bedlam

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Hopefully McKade Mettauer was able to get in his ear about the differences between Cali and OU - in a good way of course.

EDIT - looks like he did. He committed last night apparently!
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Got him

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Sorry OU Guy. When I did a search for his name, it didn't come up so I posted his commitment. I've now deleted that post.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

^^^ don’t even sweat it!!!

Also, this is cool