Attrition

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

ousbfan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:10 pm Thanks 56, I remember seeing Sanders play but don't remember much about Lee, but even it's just rumors prob means they would be good pickups for the team.
Haley Lee was the only player from Texas A&M that got a significant hit against us--a 2 run HR in their first loss to us 3-2 in the regionals this year. She has a good bat, .405 ave with 1.305 OPS, 15 doubles and 15 HRs this last season. People that follow rumors and twitter seem to indicate she wants to come here. I did not verify that. She was their catcher with 1B experience. With Erickson coming in this fall, we would be full of catchers.
Sanders is the ASU player that, most people that predict these things have indicated, will be coming here. She has .425 Ave, 1.518 OPS, 14 doubles and 21 HRs this last season. She would be primary 1B. I don't know if she plays elsewhere. If we add her along with Torres at 3B, then our infield is pretty well set, and like '56 indicated, Coor, Lilio, Nugent, and also Hodge, and Green would be the subs assuming Erickson takes over DP. I have mixed feelings regarding Lee and Sanders. If we take both, it doesn't really help develop our sophomores and new incoming freshmen. On the other hand they do provide proven power bats, and we did lose Alo, Elam and Johns. If our sophomore class doesn't get real playing time during fall ball this year, what then?
I have to give hats off credit to Grace Green. She came in and had a great freshman year...then wrestled with covid year and an injury, and since has seen limited playing time--yet she has stayed with the program contributing in any way she can whenever asked. And she will be a 5th year Senior this fall. In my book, she is a True Sooner.
aka Crimson47
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Sanders and Lee are in different boat IMO. Lee only has 1 year left so she will hurt the development of our young players. Sanders has 3 more years left and is a young player. We can just develop her and not fall behind in terms of having young contributors.